Loading multiple POI's with Home?

TomTom Model(s)
Classic & 730 (daughters')
Is it possible to load multiple POI's at one time?
While using home you set up your search criteria then scroll to the POI of your choice.
Once downloaded it kicks you back out and you got to do the whole setup all over again.
Being a new user I have a lot of POI's I'd like to load but it's very aggravating going back and forth.

Thanks

Home software at best is hardly 'user friendly'. The situation you mention is just one example, sadly.

Best not to use Home at all....

Find your POI files direct from one of the many libraries on the web, download them and copy the files straight into your map folder.

If you need advice on which file types to use and how to convert from other brands file types, just holler!

Best not to use Home at all....

Find your POI files direct from one of the many libraries on the web, download them and copy the files straight into your map folder.

If you need advice on which file types to use and how to convert from other brands file types, just holler!

Thanks for the suggestion, sounds much easier to manage them that way.

This is so annoying! But I am wondering if it might be worth the annoyance. Does anyone know how often TT updates these? And when you log in after one has been updated does it indicate the one on your device is out of date? I remember back when TT only had a few POI's to add it would alert you when it was revised....hoping that is the case with these community versions too.

I now realize that the POI's shown in Home2 are in addition to the ones already loaded (with the map I'm guessing).
If you're not looking for anything special maybe the default POI's will be adequate.

Does anyone know how often TT updates these?
I don't think they do... It's left entirely upto the public to upload them (often stolen from other sites who have copyright on them).

And when you log in after one has been updated does it indicate the one on your device is out of date?
No

I now realize that the POI's shown in Home2 are in addition to the ones already loaded (with the map I'm guessing).

Yes. The built-in POIs are never updated (except for some tiny corrections via MapShare, IF you have specifically opted in to get them (via Home).

If you're not looking for anything special maybe the default POI's will be adequate.

Depends where you are based.
I hear the supplied POIs in the US are not too bad. But those for the UK are often laughably bad....
For example, for several years there was apparently only ONE local library in the UK, and for quite a while the nearest Doctors and Dentists to England were in Belgium!

Ask a Question