Question about XL-350TM please.

Hi, sorry again

i was checking Xl 350TM, and i thought when i buy this unit i dont have to buy anything with it to work the Traffic service. but i was reading somewhere and i found some information about it and it says.

RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver-ready:
Ok i got this with no problem but what i dont understand is, this sentence.
For receiving real-time traffic updates (requires RDS-TMC traffic receiver, not included). .. So is that mean if i buy it do i have to buy the Receiver with it to run the traffic service??

buy the way. if i have the receive do u think i will be able to check the weather and gas price for free?? or do i have to pay for this service?

Thanks alot.

The oval attachment on the cord 8 inches down from the end that plugs into the unit is the FM receiver for the traffic updates. If they don't include the receiver you have to buy a charger that does have one.

It would be pretty rotten if the unit you bought is a TM but does not come with this receiver.

FWIW - my 540TM came with the receiver and the amazom description for this feature is the same as what is shown for the 350TM.

BTW - Fuel price functionality is an option at $20/yr. I did not know TT devices did weather. Mine doesn't.

Last edited:
Hi, so is that mean if i buy the Unit then i have to buy the receiver with it ? then why they say Lifetime Traffic ??? the receiver expensive more than the unit.

Thanks alot,

After re-reading this thread and looking back on Amazon, both the 340TM and 350TM come with the car charger traffic receiver. In others words, you don’t have to buy anything in addition to get the Live Traffic functionality working. Try reading the reviews on Amazon and you will see others opinions on the Live traffic. They did not buy anything extra.

Keep in mind since the Live Traffic only works with the car charger, you loose the capability once you decide to walk around on foot powered by battery. (you should not need it if you did that anyway)

There are a few threads here promoting the 340TM over the 350TM because there is more latitude to customizing the 340TM. In my opinion the best deal out there is the 540TM. Amazon has it for $135 and Best Buy was doing internet sales only for $119.

Correction---
As of today prices are higher. Best Buy has raised it to $150 !
Changed typo in last paragraph from 550TM to 540TM... dumb error.

Last edited:

Ask a Question