Product code on the new 540S

TomTom Model(s)
TT 1 (NE)
Just got the new 540 S and I must say the screen size is great...compared to my One NE! ;)

My problem...when I went to register on the TT site I couldn't find a 'product code' to enter when asked for one. I put in the serial number, the device number and the number that is on the plastic crib from the box that the unit came in... no good! Does anybody have an idea where to look, or is this unit too new that Tom Tom hasn't updated their site to accept the 540 / 530 info yet?

Mike

There is no real need to enter these details anymore, all updates and map purchase/ activation is carried out using TT Home which is an automatic process negating the need to use the device serial number.
To get the device serial number tap the sat strength meter (lower right corner) followed by the version box, the resultant page will display what you are wanting - Mike

As well as Mike's information, just register the unit at TomTom using a different email address/password than you used for your former unit. Doesn't even have to be a real email address as long as it is the proper format.

Thanks for the info! I took care of registering a new email address/account for the 540 before signing on here today! ;)

This is still the best TT site going! :)

Mike

Ask a Question