No Product Code - need to buy europe map though, HOW???

Discussion in 'Maps and Routing' started by welch9, May 19, 2009.

1. welch9

welch9

Hi All

I have a tomtom one version 2 with just uk/ie maps on. I need to buy either a new sd card with the new western europe and central europe map on or I will pay and download it off tomtom.com.

Problem is i'm reading alot about needing a device code, my problem is I bought the unit used to replace one I had stolen and have no codes/paperwork for it.

So am guessing if I try to buy the maps its no good, or can i find the code somewhere?

welch9, May 19, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. welch9

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    You should be able to register your unit with tomtom.com using an email address and password.

Once the account is set up, you should be able to use Home to Add Maps and you should see the map you want available for purchase. No product code would be necessary.

dhn, May 19, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. welch9

welch9

done that cheers.

Problem is when i get to the add maps page it offers me no other maps whatsoever

It only offers me an update of my current map

I desperatly need w & c europe by friday, otherwise i will have to go out and buy a new one

welch9, May 19, 2009
  4. welch9

46jimbo

TomTom Model(s):
    TT ONE v1
    Under 'Change preferences', go in several pages and select 'Show version'. Your device code is on the first line.

(If you can't locate 'Show version', make sure that you have selected 'Show ALL menu options'.)

46jimbo, May 20, 2009
  5. welch9

mvl Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 2535 LIVE, GO 1535 LIVE, GO 740 LIVE, Go 930
    Have you updated your application in tomtom HOME to 7.903? That's the minimum requirement for any of the new maps.

Also, try putting a blank 2gb sd card in the ONE, and let HOME download applications 7.903 fresh. Maybe it needs more space on the SD before offering maps to you.

mvl, May 23, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question