product code

The term 'Product code' used to refer to the maps. It came on a plastic 'credit card'. This is no longer used in the v7 maps, however. They use a different system for activation.

So do you mean 'Device code'? This is the code number for your TomTom. To see it, press on the space where the satellite bars are displayed. Then press on the box which says 'Version ....'. On the next page, your code is on the top line, along with other info about your unit.

Just why do you want the 'product code'?

The TomTom web page has a link on the left side for "My Products". That link lets you enter in a product name and a product code but provides no help in determining what these are. I tried entering the application version number as the product code and also the device code that are both displayed when you touch the satellite bars and then the version box. Neither of these codes were accepted by the web page. Any ideas?

The TomTom web page has a link on the left side for "My Products". That link lets you enter in a product name and a product code but provides no help in determining what these are. I tried entering the application version number as the product code and also the device code that are both displayed when you touch the satellite bars and then the version box. Neither of these codes were accepted by the web page. Any ideas?

TomTom doesn't consider the TomTom GPS as a product. This screen is really for maps and such that you buy extra....I, too, have been round and round with customer support on this one. Bottom line, you cannot add the TomTom to this list as there is no product code for it.

Last edited:
Device Code

Just in case I am missing something.

I am presuming that you have set up an account with TomTom. When I have logged in I can go to MY TOMTOM (upper right hand corner) and then select My Device on the right hand side and look at my TT.

The only info you see is the Device code, but TT should be able to give you the ser # from that.

Infact I believe that when I registered the account I entered my TT info then.

Hope this helps you

Ask a Question