Where Can I Find My Product Code?

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
sorry for the CAPS.

im trying to find my product code for my XL so i can enter it into "My Products" on the tomtom website

i clicked on the v down the bottom right hand corner then put in the "Device" number but i get

"Error
No valid productcode given, please provide a ProductCode!"

a quick check on the tomtom site suggests

"This product code consists of 3 groups of 5 characters and digits "

i cant find this anywhere on my XL

ps i bought this brand new, i cant remember if i had a card with it on it and lost it or just never had 1 :confused:

sorry for the CAPS.

im trying to find my product code for my XL so i can enter it into "My Products" on the tomtom website

i clicked on the v down the bottom right hand corner then put in the "Device" number but i get

"Error
No valid productcode given, please provide a ProductCode!"

a quick check on the tomtom site suggests

"This product code consists of 3 groups of 5 characters and digits "

i cant find this anywhere on my XL

ps i bought this brand new, i cant remember if i had a card with it on it and lost it or just never had 1 :confused:

If it is S/N you are looking for it should be on the bottom of you unit

Connect your unit to the computer. Start up Home. In the Help menu at the top of Home, select System Information. The Device Code will be shown there. Try that.

Connect your unit to the computer. Start up Home. In the Help menu at the top of Home, select System Information. The Device Code will be shown there. Try that.

the code is the same as in my 1st post but i still get an "No valid productcode given, please provide a ProductCode!" error :confused:

both home and the tomtom site use the same email addy,

so if the tomtom website is assigned my device, and home is assigned my device, both home and tomtom.com use the same email addy shouldnt i be able to download my map via home?

In the old days of v5 and v6 maps, the map came with a product code on a 'credit card' in the box. This method of activation no longer exists and since the advent of v7 maps, there is no product code.

So it appears that the 'My Products' area on the TomTom website is not up to date if it is still asking for a product code. I don't think that registering this serves any purpose other than giving you a spot to store these codes in case you lose them. Most users have probably never bothered to enter their info here.

My advice: forget it!

My advice: forget it!

yah i am m8, just i paidfor my map and i cant get it downloaded, here's my invoice, is it just me or does it read like their sending it out in the post?

tomtom.jpg

Ask a Question