Map Activation Issue - need product code

Hi,

I have read quite a few threads on here that relate to my issue, but none that fit the specific situation, so here goes...

i purchased a 2nd hand XL off ebay a month ago.

it came with a UK and Ireland map that is version 675.1409

everything worked fine, but today it hung on load so i ended up doing a flash reset.

since then it says i need an activation code to use the map.

for this i need my product code - which i dont have. i have the box, the cd, the instructions, but no product code. :(

what options do i have now? am i forced to pay for up to date maps in order to use the device? or is there a way to obtain the product code from a file in one of the backups i took recently?

any help greatly appreciated.

The former owner would no doubt have the product code (meaning the 'map code'). But if you can't get back to him/her, then you may be obliged to purchase a new map.

Your unit is quite out of date with regards to firmware and map. So investing in a new map might be a good idea. (The firmware update is free).

You will need to install the 'Home' program on your computer in order to do this.

Ask a Question