Lifetime Maps Activation plus Computer Crashed

TomTom Model(s)
4.3 XL
So, here's the thing...

Computer crashed and had TOMTOM ONE Installed with lifetime maps installed and activation code used.

I reinstalled the software, logged in with my account, and tried to re-enter my activation code. It says code already used, so I can't take advantage of that feature now.

Two questions:by logging into my account does it realize my code automatically and update my maps? Or do I have to contact TOMTOM and tell them of the computer crash and get a new code.

Thanks all!

If your lifetime map code was successfully entered, as long as you log in with the same email account and password as you did on your old machine, the TomTom servers will know that it's your unit when it's plugged in, and you'll get your maps. Fact is, 885 was just released about 45 minutes ago, so see if it shows up for you now.

If not, find the code that you used the first time and call tech support and advise that you're not seeing your maps yet. Sometimes, the code doesn't work to begin with, and the call is necessary anyway.

If your lifetime map code was successfully entered, as long as you log in with the same email account and password as you did on your old machine, the TomTom servers will know that it's your unit when it's plugged in, and you'll get your maps. Fact is, 885 was just released about 45 minutes ago, so see if it shows up for you now.

If not, find the code that you used the first time and call tech support and advise that you're not seeing your maps yet. Sometimes, the code doesn't work to begin with, and the call is necessary anyway.
Great tip. So if I connect tonight after work my Tom Tom I should see a new map update available? Will it be called 885 or just a map update from what I see?

If you click on the 'more info' link in the Update My Unit screen, it'll give more information, including the version (885, I expect).

Cool, so I connected the TOMTOM and it showed 885.xxxx (several numbers after). The udpate was approximately 1500 megs in size. So I must be all set?

Yup. Happy traveling.

Ask a Question