Lifetime Maps upgrade

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1505M
I've just purchased a unit with Lifetime Maps upgrade...I figured that meant I could connect to my computer as often as I want and upgrade when available...I read that there will be upgrades 4 times a year...so I'm a wee bit confused...does that mean I'm limited to upgrading 4 times a year...or can I upgrade as much as I want ..but new maps comes out 4 times a year
thanks in advance

New maps are released 4X a year. The newest (930) was released today. The normal release months are Feb, May, Aug and Nov.

So, you don't get more than 4 upgrades a year since there aren't more than 4. :)

I figured that meant I could connect to my computer as often as I want and upgrade when available...I read that there will be upgrades 4 times a year
"when available" is the crucial element. Since TT only issues 4 maps updates a year you will not be able to get additional maps.

OK that explains it...yesterday I connected for the first time on MY Drive and it was a large download...I opened MY Drive today and saw I had more updates..so it was another large download...So I guess the first time connection yesterday was catch up..and today was the latest..so I don't have to check until August correct

It is a good idea to connect at least once a week as there may be satellite fixes, software updates and, if you have joined in, MapShares, where users like you and I send information about, typically, blocked or unblocked roads. That type of information can often take several map issues until it becomes part of the map.
Think of the Enderby mud slide.

Ask a Question