TomTom One v2 will not accept Map Activation

TomTom Model(s)
One v3.0
Hi All,

I'm new to the Forum but I thought i'd try here as Tom Tom themselves are no help whatsoever.

I have a TomTom One v2 4N00.004.2 (with SD Card slot) and recently my SD card got corrupted. Unfortunately I did not have a backup of my device. I borrowed my friends TomTom SD card and copied his maps onto mine and Activated the maps (they were the same version as I had) but the activation code provided by the TT Code - TomTom Product Activation. site does not get accepted by my device.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks, Hemel.

Maps are assigned to particular devices. Even though it's the exact same map you were using before, you can't just copy one from another device onto your device. They're are model number AND 'serial number' specific.

Thanks for the quick response. Does this mean that my TomTom is rendered useless now as I didn't keep a valid backup confused:

Your unit is not useless BUT you may have to repurchase the map for your device.

Ask a Question