Problem with the map

TomTom Model(s)
XL Canada 310
I have a TomTom Model XL Canada 310.
The problem is that the map "Western Europe 1GB"
is not accepted.
I tried to make a backup from a same working model on my laptop
and restoring the non working TomTom with the TomTom software Home2.
But there is still the same problem
How can I fix this problem?

Thanx for helping me.

Are you saying that you are making a Windows Explorer back-up form one device and then try to "restore" that back-up from your computer onto another device?

Your device should be an XL. The Canada 310 refers to a non interference broadcast certificate.
You can easily check by tapping the bottom right hand corner of the screen and then the little TomTom icon there. It will bring up a screen with full description of the device.

Es gibt übrigens ein recht aktives Forum in deutsch : http://www.meintomtom.de

Are you saying that you are making a Windows Explorer back-up form one device and then try to "restore" that back-up from your computer onto another device?

Your device should be an XL. The Canada 310 refers to a non interference broadcast certificate.
You can easily check by tapping the bottom right hand corner of the screen and then the little TomTom icon there. It will bring up a screen with full description of the device.

Es gibt übrigens ein recht aktives Forum in deutsch : http://www.meintomtom.de

Thank you for the quick answer.
It is the same model (in Windows device manager it shows TomTom One XL (v9), only the serial numbers differs

If I understand you, you have two of these units, and tried to move the map used on one to the other unit? That won't work. Maps are keyed to individual devices and cannot be exchanged between them.

Can we back up and understand why you were trying to move the data from one device to another?

thanx for your comment.
So what can I do to fix the problem and make the TOMTOM accepts the map?

You can't make the faulty unit accept the map from another device.
TomTom regard that as software piracy and have spent millions of dollars/Euros to stop people doing it.

Give us some more details about how the faulty unit got in the non-working state and what you have already done to it and we MAY be able to salvage your original maps for it.
Otherwise you will have to buy a new map for it.

Thanx for helping. First it is not my intenteion to make illegal thinks. I only wants to restore the system in my faulty unit.
As I mentioned before: The map is not accepted, although it is the same one. It happened one day after updating and the problem is that it is out of warranty.

Without any backups, I'm afraid your only hope is if you have bought a map for that unit at some time in the past.
If that's the case, then you should be able to connect the unit to TomTom's Home utility program, and go to "update my device" or "Add maps, voices etc." and it SHOULD offer you the previous map again.

But if you never did that, or the map was the original one on the device when it was new, then all you can do is buy a new map for it (again using Home, or the TomTom website)

Ask a Question