Keyboard problem after v985 map update.

TomTom Model(s)
Start 25 Europe
Yesterday I updated my 5 year old Europe Start 25 with the v985.8152 map of Western Europe. When I came to use the keyboard it behaved in an extraordinary way. When I tap a letter it brings up the letter next to it or even a random letter or even two letters. For instance, tapping Q will bring up either a W or even RE. Elsewhere on the keyboard similar things happen.

I used the keyboard a few days ago before I updated the map and it worked properly. Any helpful comments would be welcome.

Ad

Advertisements

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

TomTom Model(s)
Start 25 Europe
DHN, that worked at first. Then after an hour or so I tried again but the keyboard was giving random letter or even two letters results again. I've tried the drum thingy a couple of times.

As it was working fine prior to the new map installation, should I attempt to reload the map, if so how would I do that?

Thanks, Mike.

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
You might try a complete factory reset. Don't know if it will help, though. You can try support:

France
01 70 36 35 82
du lundi au vendredi de 09h00 à 17h30

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
Start 25 Europe
I'm not generally impatient but this problem really got to me. Anything I did was unsuccessful so I have ditched the Start 25.
Now I'm setting up my shiny new Start 62.
Thanks for you advice anyway.

Ask a Question