Keyboard problem after v985 map update.

TomTom Model(s)
Start 25 Europe
Yesterday I updated my 5 year old Europe Start 25 with the v985.8152 map of Western Europe. When I came to use the keyboard it behaved in an extraordinary way. When I tap a letter it brings up the letter next to it or even a random letter or even two letters. For instance, tapping Q will bring up either a W or even RE. Elsewhere on the keyboard similar things happen.

I used the keyboard a few days ago before I updated the map and it worked properly. Any helpful comments would be welcome.

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

DHN, that worked at first. Then after an hour or so I tried again but the keyboard was giving random letter or even two letters results again. I've tried the drum thingy a couple of times.

As it was working fine prior to the new map installation, should I attempt to reload the map, if so how would I do that?

Thanks, Mike.

You might try a complete factory reset. Don't know if it will help, though. You can try support:

France
01 70 36 35 82
du lundi au vendredi de 09h00 à 17h30

I'm not generally impatient but this problem really got to me. Anything I did was unsuccessful so I have ditched the Start 25.
Now I'm setting up my shiny new Start 62.
Thanks for you advice anyway.

Ask a Question