Tomtom gps on screen keyboard misaligned

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom gps xl325se
I have a Tomtom gps xl 325se and the touchscreen keyboard is misaligned. Because of that I cannot enter any address. When I type a letter, it takes some other letter.
I have tried resetting to factory settings but it still doesn't work.
Why does this happen and how to fix it?

Have you tried rebooting the unit by holding the power button till you hear the drum sounds? How about uninstalling and re-installing the application?

Other than that, don't know what to tell you...........

If I hold the power down it just switches off. Doesn't reboot. Don't hear any drum sounds like what you're saying.

You need to hold the power button down for a good 20 seconds to be sure.

Time required for a drum-beat reboot

You need to hold the power button down for a good 20 seconds to be sure.
Yup - my experience with TomTom agrees with that number. I have see some people quote 10 seconds, and that may possibly have been correct for some older models, but I have had cause on multiple occasions to time how long I had to hold the button on my XXL540 unit and my Go Live unit to get the drum-beat reboot.

In each case it required approximately 20 seconds to get the drum-beat reboot. I say approximately because I was not using a timepiece but was merely counting "One thousand one, one thousand two, ...", so the actual value was probably 20 seconds, plus or minus 2 seconds.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Ask a Question