POI File Size on new 7.20 Maps

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Can someone please check the file size on the new NA 7.20.X maps? I wonder if they are bigger than the 7.10.X maps for the 720. I'm currently using 7.10.X maps for the 9X0 series so I have the larger POI database, but would like to upgrade maps as long as I won't loose all my POIs.

Thanks.

Can someone please check the file size on the new NA 7.20.X maps? I wonder if they are bigger than the 7.10.X maps for the 720. I'm currently using 7.10.X maps for the 9X0 series so I have the larger POI database, but would like to upgrade maps as long as I won't loose all my POIs.

Thanks.

I gather the 720 map is smaller, not larger than the 715. I, too, have the 710 map on my 720 along with the larger poi and crpoi dat files. I don't have very much room left on my internal memory.

I would suggest now is probably time for you to go and get a 4 gig sdhc card and install the 720 map on it. Then simply copy over the larger dat files you have in the 710 map folder from a backup that I assume you have.

I gather the 720 map is smaller, not larger than the 715. I, too, have the 710 map on my 720 along with the larger poi and crpoi dat files. I don't have very much room left on my internal memory.

I would suggest now is probably time for you to go and get a 4 gig sdhc card and install the 720 map on it. Then simply copy over the larger dat files you have in the 710 map folder from a backup that I assume you have.

I wish there was a way to "test drive" the maps before buying to see what changes were made. I hate to drop 100 dollars for a few changes.

Ask a Question