Planning to purchase the GO 730

Hey guys,

I'm planning to purchase a TomTom this year. I have played around with them at stores and really like TomTom over Garmin (my second choice). The only gripe I have with TomTom is the map graphics. I know most people will tell me if you want graphics go play a video game. But when I look at the other manufacturers screens it looks like their maps are anti-aliased for a more smoother look. I just want to know if TomTom has any plans to put out maps with upgraded graphics in the next few months. Also if I purchase the 730 now and TomTom does release new maps in the future will I be able to get these for free or will I have to purchase them?

Thanks

A 730 running the latest application and maps provides an anti-aliased view for the maps - Mike

When you buy a unit, you get the opportunity to have the latest map within 30 days of first use. After that, you have to pay for further maps, though you can subscribe to 4/year for a fixed price.

If possible can someone post a screenshot of a up to date map. The ones I seen in stores look horrible compared to other manufacturers. Maybe they were old maps, I don't know.

Thanks

A screenshot of what? The entire map?!!!

Go to routes.tomtom.com to get an idea of what the 835 map shows for your area. The current 840 map will be somewhat better.

Ask a Question