OSX 10.4.9 not compatible!

Interesting. I tend to agree with you on the core 2, although I have no idea why. :)

Both of my machines are core duo.

i have dev seed access, and early 10.4.9 seeds worked for me, but the final seed doesnt. If you need access, i recommend downloading the 10.4.8 combo updater, trashing your 10.4.9 receipt, and downgrading back to 10.4.8.

I did try parallels, and it fails to see the device :( It looks like we need to downgrade or reboot into windows until they release a fix

10.4.9/MacBook Pro/TTHome 1.5.106 working fine

I've got 10.4.9 on my MacBook Pro (Core Duo) and TTHome 1.5.106 works fine.

Well, as fine as other versions have. "MyONE" is still useless, and occasionally ejecting the TT using TTHome results in the Finder telling me the volume was removed incorrectly. The app doesn't really conform to Mac UI guidelines, so it doesn't surprise me that it's quirky underhood. Still, it's enough to get the maps loaded, which is all I really use it for anyway.

Here's hoping 2.0 works better.

Hey Gang,

My fiance just got her mother in law a 510 for her birthday. I was able to easily install the tomtom home software easy enough. I connect the dock to my iMac, attach the 510 to it, launch the software, and... nothing! The tomtom home software is unable to detect the 510. I powered the 510 on, a message asked if I want to connect to my computer. I click yes and a different graphic comes up.

Im not sure what I am doing wrong. I am running OSX 10.4.9. The 510 does not even mount on my desktop.

Thanks!

Tom

Hey Gang,

My fiance just got her mother in law a 510 for her birthday. I was able to easily install the tomtom home software easy enough. I connect the dock to my iMac, attach the 510 to it, launch the software, and... nothing! The tomtom home software is unable to detect the 510. I powered the 510 on, a message asked if I want to connect to my computer. I click yes and a different graphic comes up.

Im not sure what I am doing wrong. I am running OSX 10.4.9. The 510 does not even mount on my desktop.

Thanks!

Tom

Please stop double/triple posting. You have copied and pasted the exact same post in three other threads. Don't worry, the community will notice that you need help and will try and give advice to resolve your problem.

I'm guessing you have a core 2 duo and from what I can gather from other users, it just doesn't detect a 510/910. Let's hope an update comes out soon that fixes this. Do you have a core duo machine? Or a PC? For now, those seem to be your only options.

intel core duo macbook pro does not connect

i have first generation macbook pro with intel core duo and it does not connect, so it's a not a problem with intel core duo 2 only. I spoke on the phone with tech support, and he said that the new version of TomTom Home 2.0 should solve the problem.

But even without TomTom Home, the mac should still recognize the TomTom as an external device. I removed tomtom home from my computer and tried to connect the 910 via usb, it still does not recognize it. that's really weird.

Yes... in fact, I usually by-pass TomTom Home and simply drag and drop files directly onto the hard disk. But as you say, it no longer is seen by the Mac.

When's TomTom 2.0 out?

i have first generation macbook pro with intel core duo and it does not connect, so it's a not a problem with intel core duo 2 only. I spoke on the phone with tech support, and he said that the new version of TomTom Home 2.0 should solve the problem.

But even without TomTom Home, the mac should still recognize the TomTom as an external device. I removed tomtom home from my computer and tried to connect the 910 via usb, it still does not recognize it. that's really weird.

As you can see TT HOME sometimes doesn't play nice on Mac's. It's probably not an ideal solution but do you have a PC that you can try and connect you 910 to? Perhaps you may have better luck.

I am also curious of the mention of TT HOME 2.0! Any mention of ETA?

Try this.

I found this tip on another Forum. My 510 did not connect with my 10.4.9 running on my Macbook Core2 Duo. Now it does.

Try connecting the device to a non-powered USB hub. AKA your old USB keyboard.

Works a treat now!.
Funny how TomTom doesn't have this tip on their website.

So until Home 2.0 is out........This will do.

10.4.10 Seems to work

I just updated to 10.4.10 last night and all seems well now. I can connect to my TomTom without going through an unpowered hub.

Happy Navigating!

Ask a Question