Mac OSX 10.5.4 can't operate 920

When I try to operate the 920T from Home (2.3.1.40) I get the following problem: "This function is not yet supported for your TomTom device or operating system."

The 920 has the latest updates. Do other Mac users have this problem?

When I try to operate the 920T from Home (2.3.1.40) I get the following problem: "This function is not yet supported for your TomTom device or operating system."

The same with me!

The same with me!

it has something to do with the TomTom home .dll... If it was working prior to the 10.5.4 update....you might need to reinstall, it may have messed up the tomtom install...

another option is that it could be your firmware revision.....the newest mac firmware revision does not NORMALLY support the newest tomtom firmware version.....your updated tomtom may be the problem. (especially if you are using a firmware that is *for* your device.)

as you will learn from reading everywhere, tomtom's support is hit and miss...I know there are ways on the "PC" to "fix" the .dll file with a text editor....I am sure it can be done on the mac as well, however have not read about it being done....

I personally don't find much use for TomTom Home.

It doesn't have anything to do with 10.5.4. Right now I don't believe "Operate My Go" works on any mac. A while ago there was a software update for the 20s that did restore that function but then there was an update to the Home software that disabled it again. I also have a 930 and when I first got it "Operate My Go" worked but then there was a software update for the 30s that disabled it and so far there has been no resolution.
John

I'm glad you mentioned this.

I have been wondering what happened and if I was the only one. I couldn't "operate my GO" with home either. Since we mac users are the minority I thought I might have been one of the few, if any, with the problem.

I like to use the feature when looking up businesses. Contrary to popular believe not all poi's are accurate. :)

On my 920, it used to work with 7.221. Then with the upgrade to 7.481 it broke, and with 8.010 it still doesn't work. Thank god for Windows!

Ask a Question