64 bit Home for Mac

Discussion in 'TomTom Home and MyTomTom Software' started by macboy, Jun 6, 2019.

1. macboy

macboy

macOS 10.15 Catalina has been announced and ALL 32 bits will stop working this Fall. When will TomTom produce a 64 Bit version of HOME for my iMac - or does my TomTom GPS become a doorstop?

macboy, Jun 6, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. macboy

Arno Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    930; GO 620; Start 63
    From your description that is what Apple does with their legacy systems.

Suggest you ask that question of Customer Support and post the reply here to help your fellow iOS users.

Arno, Jun 6, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. macboy

macboy

Maybe you don't understand. The operating system I am talking about is NOT for the iPhone - it is for the iMac. Apple announced several years ago that in the future they will be sunsetting all 32 but programs. This was to give developers time to update their programs. So far TomTom has not done so.

macboy, Jun 7, 2019
  4. macboy

Arno Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    930; GO 620; Start 63
    I don't understand. Is every single one of your 32-bit programs updated free of charge to a 64 bit program?

Why are you blaming TomTom that they will not adjust themselves to platform change decisions made Apple by.
    Until 6 months ago TomTom updated the OS for legacy systems from way back. Can that be said for Apple?
    The dwindling numbers of TomTom devices that use HOME do not justify the man hours in development cost because Apple decides to make changes.
    HOME works extremely well on my Windows 10 64-bit OS.

Arno, Jun 8, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question