930 & Mac OSX issue

TomTom Model(s)
Go 930
I just got my TT930 yesterday, installed Home 2.2.2.28, then connected the 930. I get an OSX error whenever I try to connect it:

Disk Insertion
The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer
initialize/ignore/eject

Ignore & eject do what they say they will, initialize shows the the storage as 3.8GB TomTom Media, fat16 format, write status read/write, partition scheme unformatted & wants me to format & partition the drive.

Tried it plugging it into an old P4 notebook running WinXP - the drive is shown properly and I can access all the files through explorer, it even has the TomTom logo in the explorer view. It shows as fat32, not fat16 as reported by my mac.

I've restarted both devices, reset the TomTom - no joy.

Any help is appreciated.

Try updating TT Home. The latest version is 2.3.1.40. I have a Mac with Leopard and the TT930 and it connects perfectly.

I tried, but TT home says 2.2 is current. (N.B. I did get the update on my XP laptop last night - maybe it's not out for the Mac yet.)

Tried a different USB cable too - no luck.

Once my backups are all up to date I am going to re-install 10.4.

Go to TomTom's website and download the latest version of home from the Plus page. Note that Home for OSX and Home for Windows are different versions (with different version numbers and release dates). TomTom Home for Mac should be 2.3.1.40.

Also try disabling your firewall in OSX to see if that helps with the connection. I've seen that work for other USB devices (like my WM smartphone).

Lastly make sure you are connected to the Mac directly, not through a keyboard usb port or something, and remove your SD card in case that's the culprit.

problem fixed

Thanks for the advice, I ended up taking a slightly more drastic approach. I reinstalled 10.4. I was having some other driver oriented problems, so was thinking of upgrading anyway. That solved all of the issues I had, and only caused a few others. :p Those were pretty simple, so I'm in good shape now.

Ask a Question