ONE XLS or XL 330S

Not sure which one to buy?

The newer XL 330S or the older ONE XLS

What I know:
330 has no SD but built in 2GB already. ONE XLS has an SD but only 1GB standard (Do I ever need more than 2GB?)

330 has no bluetooth (used for traffic reports etc.)

330 battery lasts longer at 3 hours instead of 2

330 a little ligher and smaller

330 has uses the new EasyPort mount

330 has a redesigned speaker

All I want is to be able to load up maps from Europe. In particular France and Germany.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

I just bought a 330 after deciding whether I'd want it or the XLS. I'm pretty satisfied.
-It is very thin and folds up nicely, but thats about all I can say about the EasyPort mount. It's sort of tough to snap on and attaching the suction cup can be difficult.
-I think having 2gb integrated is nice so you don't have to worry about an SD card floating around. It's more than enough space.
-Ultimately, I chose the 330 because it's a newer model and looks of a higher build quality.

However, if you can afford it, I would recommend the GO series, they're a lot faster in calculating routes and screen refreshing, and have a great mount.

My advice, and one that was given to me on this board, would be to buy a refurbed GO 720. http://tomtomforums.com/showpost.php?p=63750&postcount=3

I bought a refurb on Ebay (against GAW's advice) but it included free shipping and came with a free camera bag which had room for the USB base to connect to the computer, and TomTom honored there free map guarantee on the factory refurb!

I do like the option of having the SD card because I bought a 4 Gb SDHC card and put the larger POI's from the 920 onto it as well as more MP3's.

The 720 is has a faster processor and can be bought for about the same price as a new XLS or XL 330 (the 330S is more expensive).

Here is a side-by-side comparison of these:
http://www.gpsreview.net/compare-gps/?gps=1153-1201-1474

XLS calculation is extremely fast, compare to a 700$ Garmin, so do not worry about route calculation, go by your budget and needs. 330s better than XLS of course XLS will be discountinued soon. Go for 330s

Ask a Question