Reload ONE XLS Operating System

TomTom Model(s)
One XL-S
When i press the on button, it boots to a red circle with a white X in the middle. I've tried to reset the device but no luck. I do not have any backups or any maps, i still have the maps card, that's not the concern. How do i fix the red circle with the white X or how can i reload the operating system to make the GPS operational?

First, make a NEW backup of everything, ESPECIALLY your maps, using Windows Explorer. See our "articles" forum section for the full instructions.
How to BACKUP the contents of your unit to the computer (and how to RESTORE it!)
This is vital!
The exact procedure depends on whether your One-XL has internal memory and an optional SD card or JUST the SD card with everything on it. You can tell by looking to see if the TomTom appears as ONE or TWO new disk drives in Windows Explorer when you connect it to the PC.

Then delete the "loose files" from the device (i.e. the ones not in a folder, leave all the folders alone) and get TT Home to re-install them. Again see our "articles" section for full instructions.
Tomtom Acting Up? - Part 2 - How To reinstall *fresh* Software using Home

it didn't work for me. During the initial update "Home" said "Cannot create this file f:\ttsystem".

OK, if you're SURE you have that full backup, try reformatting the TomTom using the standard Windows format method (use FAT32).

Then put back everything from the backup EXCEPT those loose files and try updating with Home again.

Let us know if you need anything clarified further before you start.

Ask a Question