XLS auto on with car start

Does the XLS auto on when the car is turned on? I have gotten mine to turn off automatically but no luck getting it to start automatically. Its a pain pressing that button each time.,,

Nope it won't auto on, TomTom removed that capability as a way to cover up the poor quality mount they introduced with the x10 range a few years ago, whilst the mount issue has been resolved on later models they never put the auto on feature back in to the software - Mike

I'd like to have the auto-on feature as well. But I'm curious... how does removing that feature cover up a mechanical problem such as the mount? Thanks,
ST

I'd like to have the auto-on feature as well. But I'm curious... how does removing that feature cover up a mechanical problem such as the mount? Thanks,
ST

Back in the day, the 910 mount had a loose connection, that would disconnect/reconnect on bumps.

This caused the device to repeatedly turn off and back on, so Tomtom "hid" the issue by disabling auto-off and auto-on on all their units.

They have since re-enabled auto-off, but never re-enabled auto-on.

Ask a Question