one XL-s, error message question

Hi, everyone. I'm a newb who just bought his 1st GPS, and it is a TT one-XLS. When I connect the unit to the computer it tries to update automatically but gives an error message like, "This version of the navigation software does not work with your device model." Or if I click on Operate My GO I am told I need to d/l a new file, but when i click 'yes' it tells me 'This file is not currently available'.

I'm using TT Home 2.0.0.370.

Any suggestions? By the way, thanks for the tips to back-up right away and also on how to correctly disconnect the device.

Thanks very much!

Ted

Hello Ted and welcome.

Please make a backup of your device before trying to update.
Goodluck!

Congrats on the purchase.

Tried but am told there is no more current update than 2.0.0.370. I have found direct links to the 2.1 software you mention but they are no longer live. It appears TT has pulled that software for now, so far as I can tell.

Ted

OK, talked to TT help desk and they provided direct pages to the various versions of TT Home so I was able to d/l several versions. V2.1x didn't update, but 2.0 did. I also reset the unit which may have helped... it was the 1st time I heard the drum-roll folks talk about so something was wrong initially that prevented it from playing. An aside, the TT helpdesk person was quite patient and helpful. The process required a number of software installs and de-installs, punctuated by computer reboots, so it wasn't fast. He hung right in there and got me working. I am impressed.

FWIW, I am quite impressed by the device so far. The routes it has chosen have been almost as good as ones chosen by a local boy familiar with the territory and have actually improved my knowledge of some areas. Everything (basic) seems to work... I don't use anything other than the basic functions.

Thanks for your help in suggesting I upgrade and backup, pedro and DF!

Ted

Ask a Question