error message on audio playback.

TomTom Model(s)
Hi, Newbie here so please forgive any stupid points.

I have a G0 910 which is about five years old and have never updated it. I used it mainly for directions but in the last couple of years put music on it which worked fine until about a month ago.

Throughout its life it has frozen on several occasions and sometimes updates the voice but not the maps unless I continually press the touch screen. I can live with that, even though it is a pain.

Sometimes when I go to use jukebox it can take up to five minutes to load 700 songs and 20 audiobooks.

They played fine until the last month. I have not updated my system and have never backed it up. When I try to play an mp3 I am getting an error message on the last dozen times I have tried it.

I have searched the forums and seen some answers but none seem to fit my problem.

There are five folders in the bin. they are demoplayer.sh; mplayer; syncml; pbexftpd and mp3d.

I have pressed the reset pin but that seems to do nothing at all.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted - idiots guide also appreciated.

Sorry, not with you when you say "there are five files in the bin".....

Do you mean the recycle bin on the PC? There isn't a bin on the TomTom.

Also why did you waste time saying "I have never backed it up", when you could have been usefully using that time making a backup???

Honestly, if it sounds like some of your files are going astray, you need to have a backup that's as good as you can make it. And you need that BEFORE we start suggesting anything which may involve moving more files around.

The easiest (probable) solution would be to use Home to reinstall the operating system files, but you need that backup before we tell you what to do to achieve that.

@Andy
I suspect he's referencing the 'bin' folder in the root of his device. At a minimum, he would need the 'mp3d' (mp3 audio decoder) and 'mplayer' (the mini-app) files there to have the mp3 player work. They're probably fine, though.

Doh! Doh_Homer.gif

I Got my GO940 out to check for those files (it's the only model I have with an mp3 player) and I was also going to double check to see how Windows deals with the "trash/recycle" bin, as I know it gets duplicated on SOME external drives, but not normally on a TomTom.

But I then got sidetracked and by the time I got back I'd completely forgotten what I was doing and only checked for the "trash".:rolleyes:

So... ignore that bit of my last post....
In my "bin" folder, I have only got:
glgps
gltt
gprscomd
mp3d
obexftpd
syncml

so mp3d seems to be the relevant one. I DON'T have an "mplayer" anywhere on the device at all and my jukebox player works.

But I still think a quick reinstall of the whole lot would be the quickest fix.

Ask a Question