ONE cannot view map in SD card

Hi

I've got a Tomtom ONE v3 (or v4) that has an SD card slot. Previously it worked fine showing maps in the SD card but today I did an "upgrade" as prompt by Tomtom Home and the map cannot be detected anymore. Is it due to my upgrade? How can I revert to the old version if I have no previous version backup (i know i should have kept a backup... but too late)?:confused:

It is now shown versions as follow:

App 7.903
GPS v1.21
Boot 5.3029

The map is "Guam" where i am not even living there!!!

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
An upgrade of what? The map or the application? If the application, do you have a backup you can restore? If the map, what version of the map?

I have a feeling your application, being 7.9, is geared to v8 maps and yours are at a lower level.

If you have no backup (why not? :confused:) then there is a link here to get it.

Try that.....

V7.903 works fine on the older V7.10 and V7.20 maps, on the One 2nd Edition.

The One V3 does not have an SD slot, so I assume you have the Second Edition? It does show V3 in some descriptions.

Can you not select the USA & Canada map within the Switch Maps function? The One 2nd Edition came with the USA and Canada map and the Guam map. Perhaps it simply switched to the Guam map (although I haven't heard of an upgrade doing that without user selection)

I've upgraded the application as prompted by HOME. The map update is only map correction.

Mine is a ONE v3 with card slot, which may be the 2nd edition Old Baldy mentioned (I am in Australia and my seller termed it as ONE v4).

The problem I have is if I remove the SD card, the "Manage Map" allow me to switch between Guam, US&Canada, New Zealand, which I suppose come from the ONE memory. But if I insert the SD card, the only map in the "Manage Map" is Guam, but I also have Australia and Europe in there.

This does not happen before my upgrade.

Finally and luckily, I found a very old backup from my old computer and replace as much file in the current Tomtom as I can with the old backup. Then, it worked again and I can see Australia and Europe in the "Manage Map" with the SD card in.

Versions now appear as follow:
App 7.162
GPS v1.21
Boot 5.3029

Still a mystery to me though is whether App7.903 makes me unable to switch map within the SD card.

Thanks both for your prompt reply.

V7.903 allows switching of multiple maps. I can oly assume that somethign went wrong with the previous upgrade.

Remove the SD card from the TT and install it in a PC/Laptop. Do a full backup via Home (or File Explorer)
And then using Home again, try another upgrade of the App to V7.903 with Home (still with SD card directly in the PC - you don't need the TT device to run Home, and using the PC or high-sped card reader slot rather than USB cable to the TT is more reliable and faster)

Unfortunately doesn't work for me. After do the updated again, still cannot switch map. So, happy to keep the version 7.162 on.

Ask a Question