[OFFICIAL] New Maps!!

The current version for US is v704.xxxx which only works with the new units, more specifically NavCore 7.

Below that version is v675.xxxx.

You can check your version by tapping the bottom right corner of the navigation screen, then tap version. At this screen, you should see your map version here.

New maps for TT Navigator 6?

Just curious if new maps are available for TomTom Navigator 6? I have the maps that came with TTN6, but is seems that new maps might only be for the newly released standalone GPS models?

New Version of Tom Tom Home & Maps Released

I have been waiting for a short while for Tom Tom to release the new maps and today they have.

When checking for updates. I had to update Tom Tom Home to Version 2.1.2.xxx. After I had done this I was able to purchase the new maps for Tom Tom One. USA & Canada Map is version 710.xxx Cost is GBP 34.95

The current version for US is v704.xxxx which only works with the new units, more specifically NavCore 7.

Below that version is v675.xxxx.

Would the new version 710 work on a brand new One XL? I currently have version 675 loaded in my device. V675 is about 890MB and the new v710 is 902MB.

What is Navcore7 anyways?

I just bought a tomtom one. It says that it has v675.1409 on it. When I go to upgrade my maps tomtom says that I have the most up to date maps... WTF? Granted I am new to this tomtom stuff (used to have a magellan), but this is pretty basic stuff.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

tomtom website maps

Check it out!

TomTom's map update is finally here!!

Follow their official link for more info:

http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/index.php?Lid=4

The website here says:

The TomTom Map Store is closed while we're updating and improving it. Our apologies for the inconvenience. Please check back soon!

Support - Free updates and information on different versions
Products - Find out about all our latest products
News - Press releases and all the latest news on our products

I just bought a tomtom one. It says that it has v675.1409 on it. When I go to upgrade my maps tomtom says that I have the most up to date maps... WTF? Granted I am new to this tomtom stuff (used to have a magellan), but this is pretty basic stuff.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

I think the map update feature in Home justs refers to the map you are using. In other words the map you have is the the most current version of that map series.

One must purchase new map series to upgrade to the latest and greatest. That is if TT ever opens their map store.

The website here says:

The TomTom Map Store is closed while we're updating and improving it. Our apologies for the inconvenience. Please check back soon!

Support - Free updates and information on different versions
Products - Find out about all our latest products
News - Press releases and all the latest news on our products

Dude...Look at the date of the original post: "12-20-2006, 12:28 PM"

I think the moderators should remove this from "sticky"

I think the map update feature in Home justs refers to the map you are using. In other words the map you have is the the most current version of that map series.

One must purchase new map series to upgrade to the latest and greatest. That is if TT ever opens their map store.

I am talking about their latest map gaurantee, I would sure have thought that would have let me upgrade... hence the concept of "latest map"... but maybe I am wrong????

thanks
rick

I am talking about their latest map gaurantee, I would sure have thought that would have let me upgrade... hence the concept of "latest map"... but maybe I am wrong????

thanks
rick

Oh,Ok. From what I understand a person can get a the latest map within a thirty day window of purchasing their TT if it has an outdated map. You may have to call the customer service people to confirm that. Or somebody with more info can chime in here also.

Actually, for some reason you can not purchase the map upgrade from the north america site. I have to registered a bogus address in the UK and paid with Paypal. I downloaded the upgrade with success and now have it installed. If some one knows a better way to do this or why It is like that let us know

Sorry, I just saw the date now. But the problem of downloding the latest map is still an issue outsite UK. How can this be resolved.

newbie here...just did guarantee for 720 and got NA v710.1584 downloaded... I assume this is current map??

Last edited:

Ask a Question