[OFFICIAL] New Maps!!

Nice! Finally! Submitted my order and everything. Said 3-4 weeks. I'd rather have them now, but hey, NEW MAPS!!! I'm not going to complain.

During the ordering process it referred to this update as v6.65. I think I'm remembering that correctly. That information doesn't show on the confirmation email. Total cost was $6 for my 910. DVD (multiple?) to be delivered in 3 to 4 weeks.

Confused

I went to the link and gave it my product code for North America and then gave my serial number. From there I went to where I paid my $6.00 shipping. I have the 910 which is supposed to have the European maps also. I have a plastic card that came with my unit that lists two product codes, one for North America and one for Europe.
I went back and submited my product code for Europe and it said that I needed an update for these also. I then started the process of submitting my serial number for the European maps and it came back with the message that the serial number had already been submitted and that it was locked out. So, my question is this. Will the DVD for North America have the Euprean update also, or will I have to purchase them seperately?

how long ago did you guys purchase your TTs? I bought mine about a week or two ago... but havent opened yet, since it is a christmas present... haha i should be eligible for the $6 upgrade right?

Damburke, I just asked myself the same question. I will try to contact TT Support about this.

Hello rl155 and welcome. Your product should be eligible for the new upgrade.

And YES! Finally new maps!!!!

Thanks for the update Jason.

New European Maps

Hi All,

I ordered the updated NA maps for the today for my 910 which I have had for about 2 weeks. :)

I needed to phone support on another matter and posed the question about when the updated European Maps would be available for download in the US. The person that I spoke to said they would be released in Jan/Feb 07timeframe and that they would be available to me for the same deal as the NA maps (i.e shipping only).

Hope that Helps

Andy

I just received TT One unit yesterday from autonavdirect. When I checked the web site it said that my map is uptodate.

Version info for my TT One

App 6.501 (7460/060904) OS:1343
GPS v1.21 Boot 4.81
Map USA_and_Canada v660.1215

European Maps

I just got off the phone with upper level tech support, and he said that I needed to go to the UK TomTom website and order the European maps from there, but I needed to wait for 24 hours after I had placed my order for the North Amerian maps. I went to the UK site and put in my product code for the European maps and the reply was that I did not need to update, but on the US website it said that I did need to update the European maps. I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow and try again. Also I asked because the 910 is supposed to have both the North American and European maps, if the North American update would have the European maps also. He said that it did not. You would have to update the European maps seperately. I'm planning on using my 910 in Europe in the future and I want to have their latest up-to-date maps.

According to TT Tech Support the new NA maps are not compatible with Nav. 5 due to the differences in the maps used by these two programs. However, according to this rep., a Nav 5 to Nav 6 upgrade path will be announced in Jan.

(My fingers are crossed that this scenario will work out for the best.)

Addendum: The above information concerning compatibility is now being contradicted by information on TT's web site.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I ordered the updated NA maps for the today for my 910 which I have had for about 2 weeks. :)

I needed to phone support on another matter and posed the question about when the updated European Maps would be available for download in the US. The person that I spoke to said they would be released in Jan/Feb 07timeframe and that they would be available to me for the same deal as the NA maps (i.e shipping only).

Hope that Helps

Andy

I hope this is straight poop from them - there seems to be different answers from TT based on when and who you talk to... There are updates to the European maps available all over the European pages - so they SHOULD be available here now also.

I'm planning on using my 910 in Europe in the future and I want to have their latest up-to-date maps.
I recommend you NOT to update the European maps at this time! The new Western Europe map 6.60 is a big downgrade. They have removed a lot of details (also small roads) to make it fit on a 1GB card. I have tested it myself, and i will never use it. There are a lot of customers here in Europe demanding to get their money back!

New maps only for US citizens?

I'm doing a lot of travelling in the US, and I wanted to upgrade my North America maps on my GO910. I enetered my serial number, and I was told that the upgrade was free, just $6 for postage. But when I try to order, it is only possible to enter a US address. I contacted TomTom support, and they confirmed that the new Nort America maps are only for North American citizens! That is completely crazy. Why do they want European TomTom users going to the US to use old maps??:confused:

What! This is crazy! There is a reason why are product card as 2 different product numbers. One for North America and one for Europe.

What! This is crazy! There is a reason why are product card as 2 different product numbers. One for North America and one for Europe.

This all very disturbing. Have the people who handle marketing & customer service at TomTom graduated from a University plus have real world experience, or are they leaving it to interns. The whole scheme is both surprising and disturbing.

I have visited a number of the EU forums, and there a lot of p___d off people over there. They keep it up, and Garmin or someone else is going to wipe the floor with them. They are NOT Microsoft not anywhere close to a 500 pound gorilla.

Sorry that all you EU folk are having such trouble with the map update process. As a US customer, I have to say so far, so good. No troubles ordering the new maps. We'll see when it finally gets here though.

This is a concern to all 910 users from both Europe and US. We have both maps and need updates to all the features we purchased, not a partial.

I am in the US also, but can't seem to get beyond entering my name and address when ordering the update. After entering that, I click 'next' and it gives me a 404 error! 'the requested resource (/ttomweb/updateFreight) is not available'. Obviously you others have not seen that, perhaps their website just collapsed from too many orders?

Don
TT910 6.520

Don,

I would suggest to call them and do it over the phone. They answer the phones promptly and will help you out.

Phone Numbers Hours of Operation
1-866-486-6866 Monday - Friday: 9:00AM to 7:00PM EST
1-978-287-9555 Monday - Friday: 9:00AM to 7:00PM EST

Press 1 for Customer Service when prompted

Thanks for the tip (and the phone number) Pedro2NR. I just got off the line with the TomTom folks. They took my order and will have the IT folks look at the website.

Don

Ask a Question