New version of Tripmaster available

Yep... through BROWSE MAP... sorry. I didn't think you meant as you were NAVing you wanted to scroll the map....

Yes, that is what I meant...on the main navigation screen, my co-worker can touch the screen, and hold for about 1.5 seconds then move his finger and drag the map to the sides to look at it... ( on his Un-named Navigation device)

Yes, that is what I meant...on the main navigation screen, my co-worker can touch the screen, and hold for about 1.5 seconds then move his finger and drag the map to the sides to look at it... ( on his Un-named Navigation device)
You won't let me live that down will you?

I wouldn't know why someone would want to scroll the map WHILE DRIVING anyway.... you DO have this feature though... just not in the same place as your Friend. You can be on a route, driving along, decide you want to browse the map of the area you are in, just click BROWSE MAP, then click the compass thing (sorry don't know hat it's called right now) and that will center the map on your current location...then you can zoom in/out and drag the map around too...

Same function as (the Garmin?) just in a different area of the device....

You won't let me live that down will you?

I wouldn't know why someone would want to scroll the map WHILE DRIVING anyway.... you DO have this feature though... just not in the same place as your Friend. You can be on a route, driving along, decide you want to browse the map of the area you are in, just click BROWSE MAP, then click the compass thing (sorry don't know hat it's called right now) and that will center the map on your current location...then you can zoom in/out and drag the map around too...

Same function as (the Garmin?) just in a different area of the device....

Yes, first sorry if I bothered you. I know that feature is there, it is just hassle to access it.

The reason why someone may want to browse while driving, is actually at a stop in traffic, to quickly located another way around. I often use my TomTom not only to give my directions, but to observe other "possible routes of departure" of the "subject" that I am tailing. I do not always know what my destination is going to be, and for that reason it is not always possible to plan a route. I do however, try to guess and have probable locations on my recent list. (places they are known to visit, or expected to visit such as doctors offices, etc.) It is helpful to see the through routes that pass through neighborhooods, as the through routes are more likely the path that the subject took. During the course of my job, I normally do not work in the same location/area more than two days in a row. I may however work in other nearby areas at other dates and times. I normally work anywhere from Mexican Border up to Central California...so it is difficult to remember all of the areas.

Awesome application - many thanks!

Is here any way to turn the sreen upside down?
I have my One set to turn the screen upside down for mounting/connection reasons, but this application remains inverted.

Doh! I'd be willing to bet that will be an option in one of the next bulds. runarg is pretty good at tweaking his app for us.

Ok, is it just me or am I seeing things; The latest downloadable version of Tripmaster is 1.7b, but the image/screen capture on the site shows 1.6c, is there a newer version kicking around that is not posted on the site?

Ok, is it just me or am I seeing things; The latest downloadable version of Tripmaster is 1.7b, but the image/screen capture on the site shows 1.6c, is there a newer version kicking around that is not posted on the site?

The latest is version is v1.7b, its just that the developer didn't update the screenshot's of the newest version.

Last edited:
That is correct. He is French and he is a member of this forum (I am Norwegian). I have just been helping him with beta testing and ideas a long time!

Does anyone else have the problem of TP freezing while trying to shutdown your TT?
I've noticed you have to get out of TP first and then shutdown the TT.

Also, is there a way to reset the timer in the lower left part of the screen?

Thanks

The freezing problem is a known problem. You should always be in the TT navigator screen when you turn power off. You don't have to exit TM, just let it run and return to TT.

No, there is no way to reset the time now.

why would you want to invert the screen?

By mounting the tomtom one upside down, I can put it closer to the headliner and hide the power wire, plus give more convenient access to the power button. If you mount it upside down, you have to invert the screen...

A tweak or firmware revision to turn this thing off and on with the car would be my biggest wish!

Ask a Question