Tripmaster V1.6 final version

Props to roussillat for developing Tripmaster. However, I feel Tomtom should have included a trip computer software in the unit.

I used a Garmin StreetPilot C340 extensively for a week and it too came with a trip computer. It looks similar to this:

nuvi660scrn40.jpg

Any chance you can create another version of Tripmaster looking like this? Something like a simpler version of Tripmaster. Would be great if you provide the basic info and users can skin the interface.

Thanks

Last edited:
I feel Tomtom should have included a trip computer software in the unit.
I think that all TomTom users agree with you. But during the years they have said NO even to the simple thing like displaying the altitude:(

So since they do not agree with their users, we are thankful to Roussilat for giving us this excellent application for free:)

Any chance you can create another version of Tripmaster looking like this? Something like a simpler version of Tripmaster. Would be great if you provide the basic info and users can skin the interface.
Thanks

I can provide, in a future version, a trick to allow a user to add a background image.

It would just need some thorough tests because the SDK documentation prevents to use too many images as this is memory consumant...

Thanks for replying. Actually, I was hoping you can come out w/ a scale down version of Tripmaster providing only the info as shown in the Garmin unit.

Basically, the 10 pieces of info shown on the Garmin unit, such as Compass, Speedometer, Current trip distance, Overall trip distance etc.

To make it simpler, you define the X1Y1 - X2Y2 boundary for each piece of info. That way we just need to create the skin (just 1 image for the entire background) and overlay the info over it.

It is nice to have all the info with the current tripmaster, but some of the features, I don't really need and I'm sure others might feel the same.

Thank you.

hamproof, did you check runarg's website? What you ask for may be in a previos version and I think those are still available for download... I think.

Tripmaster V1.6a

Tripmaster V1.6a is available for downlod. It's just a fix for a problem with the KML log format.

Thanks for replying. Actually, I was hoping you can come out w/ a scale down version of Tripmaster providing only the info as shown in the Garmin unit.

Basically, the 10 pieces of info shown on the Garmin unit, such as Compass, Speedometer, Current trip distance, Overall trip distance etc.

To make it simpler, you define the X1Y1 - X2Y2 boundary for each piece of info. That way we just need to create the skin (just 1 image for the entire background) and overlay the info over it.

It is nice to have all the info with the current tripmaster, but some of the features, I don't really need and I'm sure others might feel the same.

Thank you.

You know, the only difference between the ten infos of Garmin and Tripmaster are the GPS coordinates, so...

What do you think of that ?

trip_skin.jpg

Here's my take on it. I'm sure an artistic person will be able to make a much better job. Maybe in the line of a Honda S2000 digital gauge theme.

I'm a programmer/engineer by trade. So, not much art in my gene.

I didn't include a background image coz' I like clean uncluttered look. What do you guys think?

roussillat - is this doable? The art file is in Adobe Illustrator. If you want it, please let me know. Anything to help out. Thanks.

Attachments

• ttg_tm_v1.jpg
    ttg_tm_v1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 633
  • ttg_tm_v2.jpg
    ttg_tm_v2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 587
Thanks... ideally I would like to see the SETUP button to be represented using GEARS (like the Apple Iphone).

indexhero20070109.jpg

The CLOSE button was a direct rip (albiet easy) from Iphone power button. I played with the generic power button (circle with a single vertical line - see the front computer power button) but it was too busy looking.

The RUN ON BACKGROUND button (the one I'm using HOME), I think ideally should be the Tomtom hands (meaning we want to use Tomtom maps now). But it'll take me a long time to draw out the vector art for the hands.

A lot more could be done in the SPEEDOMETER like thing as well as the MAX SPEED warning.

I think if the programmer roussillat lets us know what's possible, then we can come up with something a lot better. It would also help if he lets us know the coordinates or exact positions of the things which are touch sensitive as well as the max length of some of the fields.

Thanks.

roussillat - is this doable? The art file is in Adobe Illustrator. If you want it, please let me know. Anything to help out. Thanks.

Just try it with the v1.6b version I've just delivered...

Convert your file to a BMP file, with the right dimensions : 480*272 pixels for a GOx10 and copy it in the /tripmaster/images under the name bgnd_wide.bmp (erase or rename the existing one)

If it works, I will create a skin section on my web page to gather all different skins produced by Tripmaster users.

I do like your satellite icon, may I copy it into my current background ? or can you provide me one, in jpeg or psp format, in blue color ?

Last edited:
I think if the programmer roussillat lets us know what's possible, then we can come up with something a lot better. It would also help if he lets us know the coordinates or exact positions of the things which are touch sensitive as well as the max length of some of the fields.

The problem is that my program adapts itself to the different sizes of screen, so I don't know the exact coordinates which are calculated "on the fly". I could extract them, if really necessary, but there are lots of coordinates for all the objects and zones.

Ideally, I should provide another config file where each user may describe each object or zone, by its coordinates, colors, font size, function, etc... Maybe, I'll do that one day, but I am quite afraid launching such a Tripmaster will become quite long...

roussillat - I'll give it a try. I'll also attach the satellite image. But I can give it to you in WMF or Adobe Illustrator file. That way you can size it however you want rather than a JPG.

I'll do it tomorrow morning... the file is at my work computer.

EDIT: I can't wait. So, I downloaded my original JPG and hack it up. Here it is. I'll post a better version tomorrow since that will come from vector rather than moving pixels around which is what this one is. Also, this is for 320x240 (I didn't realize the GOx10 are *widescreen*.

Opps. the BMP attachment cannot be more than 19k here. So, I'm attaching a JPG. Use an image editing software to convert to BMP. DO NOT JUST RENAME!

Attachments

• bgnd_small.jpg
    bgnd_small.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 446
  • ttg700_tripmaster_bg1.jpg
    ttg700_tripmaster_bg1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 2,731
Last edited:
EDIT: I can't wait. So, I downloaded my original JPG and hack it up. Here it is. I'll post a better version tomorrow since that will come from vector rather than moving pixels around which is what this one is. Also, this is for 320x240 (I didn't realize the GOx10 are *widescreen*.

Opps. the BMP attachment cannot be more than 19k here. So, I'm attaching a JPG. Use an image editing software to convert to BMP. DO NOT JUST RENAME!

May I copy it in my web site ?

Ask a Question