New Maps for 920T

I just purchased the GB and Ireland maps and downloaded the data via TomTom Home 2.3.1.92. When I try to install the maps, the program runs for about 10 seconds (green bar) and then the message "Invalid Path" appears. I removed other maps from the device to clear up space and still get the same result. I went into the map data file and noticed that one file is a zip file so I manually extracted the files and received the following message:

An unexpected error is preventing the operation.
Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error.
crpoi.dat
Type: DAT File
Size: 3.48 MB
Date modified: 3/20/2008 7:08 PM

The crpoi.dat file is the fifth file in the list under the United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland zip file.

I'm sure this is what is causing the invalid path message. Any suggestions? Anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks.

I don't know about the invalid path BUT the crpoi.dat and poi.dat are the two files that contain POI's and both are much larger than what you describe. The ones I have are from map version 8.1762 and are poi.dat 276 mb and crpoi.dat 165 mb.

Sorry but the info, file sizes are for NA map. However I am reasonably certain that the two files are needed for poi's.

Sidney

Last edited:
That is the compressed size of the crpoi.dat for GB & I. I'm sure the invalid path is a generic message from the TomTom Home 2 s/w and is occuring because this file fails when attempting to unzip.

Ask a Question