Tomtom Home 920T Maps

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920 T
Recently downloaded TT home, My preferances screen has changed.I know I had maps of Westen Europe and US on it. How do I know if they are still there?

Home might have reset the device to only show some of the menu options (don't ask why it just does this from time to time), on the device go to Change Preferences and select Show ALL menu items to get the full menu structure back. Next go to Change Preferences/ Manage Maps/ Switch Maps and it will display a list of all maps installed to the device - Mike

Recently downloaded TT home, My preferances screen has changed.I know I had maps of Westen Europe and US on it. How do I know if they are still there?
Mike showed you the correct way to switch to another map via HOME or on the device proper.

The fastest way to check if they are still there, particularly since you were connected to the computer, is to use Windows Explorer (or Finder for Apple types).

Thanks Mike ,that worked OK.
Arno, I have not done a back up since I purchased my unit and since joining this thread its been suggested too. I am a basic computer user so could I trouble you or anyone too recommend how to save information on my unit, as Im afraid of loosing all info each time I connect to TThome. I have Windows xp.
Thanks in advance. Fraggas.

Arno, I have not done a back up since I purchased my unit and since joining this thread its been suggested too. I am a basic computer user so could I trouble you or anyone too recommend how to save information on my unit, as Im afraid of loosing all info each time I connect to TThome. I have Windows xp.
I know you are just having your morning coffee but but I got in very late and am going to bed now.
If you still feel uncomfortable with the link dhn gave you, send me an eMail at (e-mail address removed) and we can work through it tomorrow (EDT, that is).

OK upto here,
Not sure where to find this bit."drive letter"
Once that is done, double click on the drive letter represented by your unit. In the case of a Go unit with a sdhc card installed, you may see two drives represented, one for the internal TomTom unit and the other for the external card.
Also,dont have an external card. and is it still ok to connect my unit while I still have TThome installed on computer? I`m afraid it will pick up my unit and not let me continue.
By the way, when device asked me if I want to connect to computer last time and I said yes. Unit shut off and would not let me start up till I did a reset.
Thanks again guys

Yes, you can connect to the computer when Home is running but probably better to connect to computer and then start Home.

When you do connect to computer, use Explorer to look at what drive letters are showing at the top of the Explorer screen. you'll have c: of course and probably d: but, depending upon what other peripherals you have installed, the tomtom may be represented by e: or f:. Just click on the highest letter shown and in the right portion of the Explorer screen, you should see the contents (Files and folders) of your tomtom unit.

Ask a Question