NEW MAPS (50% off all MAPS til 1-31-08)

I tried to download the Western European maps again today. As mentioned, they are available on the UK site. But, I can not get them to download from there because I don't have a European address and I don't know how to fudge that. So, I tried to get them from HOME. I can find the maps there if I uncheck the box for 'suggested downloads only'. However, when I try to purchase the maps, I get warning from TomTom that these are not for my device (720). Then, if I go further, it offers to download them but there are additional warnings, one of which says I don't have space on my device. My question is, can I download these files using HOME but download them to my pc for putting into the TOMTOM later, when I have my SD card, or do I need to get the SD card first.

If I go to the UK site, I can see that the maps are sale priced, but from HOME, there is no mention of a sale. So, I converted the UK price (in pounds) and the HOME price (49.95 Eur) and they are both about $73, so the sale price seems to be reflected on the HOME version.

I want to get these maps before the sale ends. But, I want to be sure they will work on my 720 because I know I don't want to have to bother to contact TOMTOM later.

Thanks for any info,
joey

I guess one question is can you backup your current maps to your computer? If so you may be able to then delete them from the device to free up room.

Or can you add/use a LARGER SD card to that device and that would create more room?

What file version seems to be the latest to download on the UK site for the NA map. I see 7.10 but is it 157 or 160 the newest? How whould I find out without doing the download after the purchase?

What file version seems to be the latest to download on the UK site for the NA map. I see 7.10 but is it 157 or 160 the newest? How whould I find out without doing the download after the purchase?

You can see the size of the map but not the build, I think. If the size is 1.9 gigs, it probably is the 1609 build with the larger poi.dat (point of interest) file.

(note my use of 'probably' :) )

It shows 1739mb I beleive which should be the older 157 I quess. I will have to wait till the last few days I guess then get what is available at 50% off

Ask a Question