NEW MAPS (50% off all MAPS til 1-31-08)

The TomTom Map Store is closed while we're updating and improving it. Our apologies for the inconvenience. Please check back soon!

Support - Free updates and information on different versions
Products - Find out about all our latest products
News - Press releases and all the latest news on our products

This is has been on the page everytime I try to access it. :confused:

Also on tomtom home the maps for sale always comes up on mine. Go to add Maps, traffic voices....

so if we buy it from the UK site, the maps will still be the same. Also what sd card would you buy and how would you transfer them to it. Never bought new maps, but want to just not sure exactly how to go about it.

The promotion is on the UK site. Choose UK and you should see the offer.

Seems to be for UK residents only, I cannot get it to officially recognize a Canadian address..but since it is only download it is not that important. I fudged the Canadian postal code to get through the ordering process. :rolleyes:

down again?

Looks like they got it up again. :D

I want maps for Denmark and Sweden. It looks like they have them and it's only 210 mb. The only place I can see these maps is on Home, when I uncheck the box for recommended maps only. Are the prices there 1/2 price (I think they are 39 Euro). It would be great to get these 1/2 price! What is the best way to add maps like this? If I download them from Home, will I have the option to add them to my PC, or will it dowload directly to my TT? Is purchasing through HOME the only way to get the maps?

I need to know the steps to get new maps working, these are the steps I think will work from reading here?

1. download the maps
2. add the maps to an SD card
3. Add the TT software to the sd card
4. When the SD card is inserted into the TT, the default will automatically be the SD maps and I can leave my current USA maps on the TT

How do I add the TT software to the SD card?

Thanks,
Joey

I bought mine through Tomtom Home without much of a problem, except the download was stuck and I had to talk to tech support to get it fixed(was a Jan 2nd phone call).

What the tech support rep told me was that since the map version needs to work with the software version on our devices, we are not supposed to buy maps from the web site, and are supposed to use Tomtom Home to get new maps.

Tomtom Navigator 6 is only compatible with Map versions up to version 675. The version 7 maps need application version 7 or later. New application versions for the various devices are in the works, including the different PDAs, so it is a function of when, not if we can get the new stuff.

Tomtom Home version 2 and above do not work for the PDA devices at this point(I tried with version 2.1 and it just wouldn't let me select my SD card).

The map sale is there if you use Tomtom Home, it comes to around $73 US Dollars(50 Euros is the official price), and is a download-only. There have been too many problems with broken DVDs for them to send out updates via DVD, or that is what the tech support rep indicated.

So, if your Tomtom Home has updated you to application version 7, then buying new maps will give you version 700 series maps at this point. If you have application version 6, you will get the 675 maps(which will work with Map Share, even if the data isn't as new).

more european map help

I bought mine through Tomtom Home without much of a problem, except the download was stuck and I had to talk to tech support to get it fixed(was a Jan 2nd phone call).

What the tech support rep told me was that since the map version needs to work with the software version on our devices, we are not supposed to buy maps from the web site, and are supposed to use Tomtom Home to get new maps.

Tomtom Navigator 6 is only compatible with Map versions up to version 675. The version 7 maps need application version 7 or later. New application versions for the various devices are in the works, including the different PDAs, so it is a function of when, not if we can get the new stuff.

Tomtom Home version 2 and above do not work for the PDA devices at this point(I tried with version 2.1 and it just wouldn't let me select my SD card).

The map sale is there if you use Tomtom Home, it comes to around $73 US Dollars(50 Euros is the official price), and is a download-only. There have been too many problems with broken DVDs for them to send out updates via DVD, or that is what the tech support rep indicated.

So, if your Tomtom Home has updated you to application version 7, then buying new maps will give you version 700 series maps at this point. If you have application version 6, you will get the 675 maps(which will work with Map Share, even if the data isn't as new).

I tried to download the Western European maps again today. As mentioned, they are available on the UK site. But, I can not get them to download from there because I don't have a European address and I don't know how to fudge that. So, I tried to get them from HOME. I can find the maps there if I uncheck the box for 'suggested downloads only'. However, when I try to purchase the maps, I get warning from TomTom that these are not for my device (720). Then, if I go further, it offers to download them but there are additional warnings, one of which says I don't have space on my device. My question is, can I download these files using HOME but download them to my pc for putting into the TOMTOM later, when I have my SD card, or do I need to get the SD card first.

If I go to the UK site, I can see that the maps are sale priced, but from HOME, there is no mention of a sale. So, I converted the UK price (in pounds) and the HOME price (49.95 Eur) and they are both about $73, so the sale price seems to be reflected on the HOME version.

I want to get these maps before the sale ends. But, I want to be sure they will work on my 720 because I know I don't want to have to bother to contact TOMTOM later.

Thanks for any info,
joey

yeah i was kind of wondering how it all worked with the downloading too. when i look at the tomtom website it will only show me the north america map if i select the 720 or the 920 (took me a bit to figure that part out) so if i download these they'll still work on my One xl, correct as long as i put them on a 2gb card?

I just went into Tomtom home 1.5(the latest version for my PDA, which is a PalmOS). On the left(near the top of the list) I selected "Buy latest maps". It then brings up the list of maps, with Western Europe at the bottom of the list. I click on "add to cart", and then checkout. It shows the map listed, and seems to work fine.

If you have Tomtom Home 2.1, you may get other options, but I didn't see an option in 1.5 to let me show ALL the map versions.

I tried to download the Western European maps again today. As mentioned, they are available on the UK site. But, I can not get them to download from there because I don't have a European address and I don't know how to fudge that. So, I tried to get them from HOME. I can find the maps there if I uncheck the box for 'suggested downloads only'. However, when I try to purchase the maps, I get warning from TomTom that these are not for my device (720). Then, if I go further, it offers to download them but there are additional warnings, one of which says I don't have space on my device. My question is, can I download these files using HOME but download them to my pc for putting into the TOMTOM later, when I have my SD card, or do I need to get the SD card first.

If I go to the UK site, I can see that the maps are sale priced, but from HOME, there is no mention of a sale. So, I converted the UK price (in pounds) and the HOME price (49.95 Eur) and they are both about $73, so the sale price seems to be reflected on the HOME version.

I want to get these maps before the sale ends. But, I want to be sure they will work on my 720 because I know I don't want to have to bother to contact TOMTOM later.

Thanks for any info,
joey

Ask a Question