New Home Update For MAC

I just noticed on Macupdate.com that a new version of Home was released for Mac. Seems VERY minor. ver. 1.6.020 Any ideas on differences? Wish they would release 2.0 already !

I noticed this and downloaded it earlier but have not had a chance to look at it yet.

That one has been around for awhile actually, although I don't think it was officially supported and HOME didn't offer it as an upgrade. I downloaded and installed it myself last week, and I don't see any difference whatsoever from 1.5. There's another thread around here about this update, somebody claimed it allowed you to "operate your unit" like the Windows 2.0 version, but I was not able to do this. Perhaps that function works with other models? I have a 920T.

Others have reported bugs in that version, saying they had crashes and it failed to install updates which were downloaded. I haven't had either of those problems myself. I have a dual G5 with MacOSX 10.4 FWIW.

Ask a Question