Mac 2.3.1.40 Update Freezes Home w/Beachball

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
I've tried to update Home using Home's built-in update feature and Home blows up. I launch it again and I get the spinning beachball.

I restored older version from TimeMachine. It worked fine.

I then downloaded via Versiontracker, and got the same thing happening. There are some user comments that you have to search out and delete all TomTom Home files on your computer as work around. Doe anyone one have a list of these? Spotlight finds a lot of associated files but I'm not sure if I can just delete them without problems.

In your Documents folder you'll see a TomTom folder, in it is a download cache folder that actually has the Mac TT Home application files. I believe you'd have to trash these to be rid of the application. But this current version works fine on my Macbook Pro so I'm not sure why you're having this issue.
John

In your Documents folder you'll see a TomTom folder, in it is a download cache folder that actually has the Mac TT Home application files. I believe you'd have to trash these to be rid of the application. But this current version works fine on my Macbook Pro so I'm not sure why you're having this issue.
John

Thanks! I found the folder and will give it a try. I do spy an odd file outside of that folder called TomTomProfilefolder.docx wonder if that is messing things up too?

Last edited:

Ask a Question