New here with new TT XL 325 SE

Just one last question.. I loaded quick-Fix on my unit and right after I load it in I went into manage my XL in Home. I can see Quick-Fix program in it but if I let it say a few days or a week then plug it into home and go to manage my XL everything is there except Quick-Fix. It's gone. Is this normal or strange? So I have to download it and reinstall.. I think I was under the impression that once Quick-Fix was installed on the TomTom it would update it self as needed when plugged it into home each time.. Thanks you !! George

Quickgpsfix is offerred under the "Update my XL" process which pops up each time you connect to home (unless you disabled that preference). A new one is published once a day.

There's no separate auto-updating unless you have a high-end LIVE/PLUS model that downloads it automatically over cellular.

The file that you get is good for 3-7 days.

mvl,

Update!

We talked it over and took your advice.. We ordered one of the units you had suggesting the
TomTom XL 340 S! Got it at a great price too! Should be here in a week or so!Thank you! looks like a nice unit.. I also got a offer from tomtom to return our 325 SE to them provided all my info and warranty is in order, it is! Can also and most likly will return it to the store.. But thinking I'll wait till I get the 340S ... I want to look at it's file structure and see it that it where the issue are in the 325 es we have... Then decide.. It was a gift so we are really not out the money.. Can't really make a wrong decision on this one I don't think.. If I get it working to my satisfaction we may keep it too as we have 3 vehicles even though we rarely use more then one of them at a time.. But that's where we sit right now!! Again Thank you so much for all you have done for us!! George

When you get the unit, I hope you know to do an Explorer, not Home backup of the unit's contents before doing anything else.

Also, register the 340 with a different email address at TomTom. It doesn't even have to be a real email address, just in the proper format: (e-mail address removed).

dnh,

Yes I'll make sure to do that.. And thanks for reminding me about the e mail! Hopefully all will be OK now.. I have strict orders from the wife not to hook it up to the computer..LOL!!! But yes I will do a Explorer back up and surly a new map in 30 days!!! I want to thank you for your help in this matter also! I have learned a lot and will put what I have learned to good use.. George

When you get the unit, do NOT go for the Latest Map Guarantee right away. Version 845 is due with a couple of weeks. Wait for that one.

dhn,

Ok got ya! For now I'm just going to backup the 340 S to Explorer. Then I'll wait it out for the latest map offer. We just plan on using the unit. Not going to update anything in it right off. Thanks for looking out for my back! The wife and I appreciate the guidance! George

Yes I'll make sure to do that.. And thanks for reminding me about the e mail! Hopefully all will be OK now.. I have strict orders from the wife not to hook it up to the computer..LOL!!! But yes I will do a Explorer back up and surly a new map in 30 days!!! I want to thank you for your help in this matter also! I have learned a lot and will put what I have learned to good use.. George

The 340S doesn't have the bad USB driver issue. It only occurred on apps 8.411 through 8.414. The 340S is preinstalled with app 8.410 (before the issue) and will update to 8.415 then 9.026, both after the issue was fixed.

You're biggest concern with a 340S is that the foreign language voices take up so much space that the newer maps don't fit. So before attempting to install any map, remove all voices except for one. The new maps are much improved vs the old (Feb 09) preinstalled map, especially with the frequency of Lane Guidance.

Hope you enjoy the 340S.

Personally, I'd return the 325S. More hassle than it's worth.

mvl,

Thanks for the extra info.. OK so when we get it I;ll backup with Explorer then wait till I'm ready to update the map before the first 30 days. But will make sure to pull all the voices before I get into updating anything.. Then I'll update the APP first and make sure it's updated to APP 9.026 and make sure of that before I update the map.. Thanks again!! George, My wife Penny said to say thanks also, she know how much you guy's have helped me !

Actually they're charging $10 for the case and another $39 for the map subscription. You can buy the 340S without them to save a bit more.

Ask a Question