GO 520 gets to waiting for device and stays there!!!!

TomTom Model(s)
GO 520
Just downloaded the latest updates of community and Speed cameras, all downloaded OK to Laptop, but will not go passed waiting for device, this never completes. Any one have any ideas on what the fault is? I have carried out hard reset of device and re-installing Drive Connect. I have also tried to install on another laptop but get the same problem
Thanks in advance

Try support then:

1f1ec-1f1e7.png
United Kingdom
02079 490 132
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

But isn't that a WiFi model? If so, it doesn't rely upon MyDriveConnect. All updates should be done on the device using WiFi. If WiFi is not available, then you can use the usb cable that came with the device connected to the computer with MyDriveConnect running BUT minimized.

It isn't the WiFi model, something must be going on as I am not able to see my model on the drop down box, the earlier Go 520 is there, but mine is the one with lifetime world maps and speed cameras. As for contacting Support I have spent ages trying to navigate to get to sending message but unable to. I have had no warning that TT are no longer supporting my model so I am in a mess at the moment as I can not message TT to find out so that's why I thought I would try here....

If your model's serial number starts with M2 or M4 then indeed it is an older Nav2 device which has been decreed as End of Life by Tomtom, meaning no further map (or any other) updates.

Thanks for your info, I can confirm having checked at the bottom of the device, my Model is 4F A50 4FA5.001.06 Serial No: QX6145K01266. The Go 520 that is shown on TT Website shows the older model which I agree is out of date, but does not show mine, very strange as it did a few months ago, I can only assume TT have cocked up and removed it.

I would appreciate any email address anyone might have so I can contact them and get this investigated

Thanks

Try calling:

1f1ec-1f1e7.png
United Kingdom
02079 490 132
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Don't respond with a model when prompted in order for a live agent to reply.

I don't understand your advice as I have no way of getting to the live agent. I would greatly appreciate any links you have to help me. Recently I have found the TT website to be very user unfriendly. I have no way of asking a question there.. :(

What happens when you dial the phone number dhn gave you?

Whoops missed that I thought it was part of his Avatar. :rolleyes:

Thought his message "Don't respond with a model when prompted in order for a live agent to reply". was all he posted.....

UPDATE.
I do not know how I have done it but I have managed to navigate to ask a question on the TT website by using GO5000/5100

What's odd is that a QX serial number (per my magic master list) comes up as a Nav4 GO 500 or 510, not a Nav4 GO 520. So I think the OP may be confusing us with the wrong model number. Only the 520 would have WiFi. The 500 and 510 do not. That changes the updating method considerably.

What's odd is that a QX serial number (per my magic master list) comes up as a Nav4 GO 500 or 510, not a Nav4 GO 520. So I think the OP may be confusing us with the wrong model number. Only the 520 would have WiFi. The 500 and 510 do not. That changes the updating method considerably.
I am so sorry, you are so right and feel rather embarrassed now, I inserted GO 520 and it should have been GO 510, so have mis-lead all replies. :oops:

My problem still exists.

UPDATE!!
I have just plugged my device into my laptop and the downloads have installed :D SO can only assume TT had an issue with the download files.
I have not had any replies from TT customer services as yet.

Thanks for your help

As a feedback the GO 510 and 520 have completely different hardware inside.

Also, many persons experience server problems over the last few day although it seems to be corrected now.

Ask a Question