I never put Tom Tom on my phone yet it's there. Spyware?

Guess we should cut through the silly stuff and ask the obvious...

Stacy, we have no idea if you own a TomTom device, and there is more than one possible TomTom application that could be installed on your phone - depending upon circumstances. Some TomTom devices require the use of your phone in order to get out onto the network to obtain live traffic data. Then there's an app that actually works much like their standalone devices that gives you full navigation instructions, etc.

If you could be just a TEENSY bit more specific about what you found on your phone, it would be really helpful.
Further to that, I would say that if you didn't load this app on your phone, you need to talk to anyone to whom you have lent it.

I found the tom-tom logo on the bottom left-hand corner of my iPhone 6s that has been updated. It was when I was opening my map. I feel spied on and it's horrible.

Would be useful if you would post a screen shot. If you do not own a TomTom, how is it that you are even familiar with their rather unusual logo?
I suppose one more way the logo could appear MIGHT be related to the fact that TomTom is Apple's primary map provider, but I'm not familiar with any reason that the logo would appear. I'm an Android user.

Please DO let us know what your Apple Store folks have to say about this. Really. Even if they don't give you news you like, still -- please report back here when you have it. We promise to be gentle in spite of your "Spies!" comments.

Would be useful if you would post a screen shot. If you do not own a TomTom, how is it that you are even familiar with their rather unusual logo?
I suppose one more way the logo could appear MIGHT be related to the fact that TomTom is Apple's primary map provider, but I'm not familiar with any reason that the logo would appear. I'm an Android user.

Please DO let us know what your Apple Store folks have to say about this. Really. Even if they don't give you news you like, still -- please report back here when you have it. We promise to be gentle in spite of your "Spies!" comments.

Ok. I will

Ask a Question