New 720 - Day 1 questions

I just used my new 720 for the first time today and found something annoying. When I am on a road (say for 10 miles total) the distance to my next instruction will be 5 miles and the symbol will be an line with a slight bend (like a lane ends merge arrow on a sign)

___---->

The instruction will be bear right and the road is straight or the median ends or something very minor. Is there a way to set it to only show me major moves, like turning off of the road I am on and not every small lane shift I may come across.

That's caused by something wierd going on in the mapping. I've seen it in several places. Like where the road name changes in the middle of nowhere or, as you say, the median will cease. There's a way to get less instructions but since I don't have my unit in front of me I can't guide you to it and I'm not sure it does what you want. I've gotten to where I just ignore it when that happens.

If you go to voice preference -> speech preferences, there is a menu of things that you can turn on/off.

You can disable the "keep to highway lane" instructions, which reduce how often it says this. But I doubt you'll eliminate the problem.

I just used my new 720 for the first time today and found something annoying. When I am on a road (say for 10 miles total) the distance to my next instruction will be 5 miles and the symbol will be an line with a slight bend (like a lane ends merge arrow on a sign)

___---->

The instruction will be bear right and the road is straight or the median ends or something very minor. Is there a way to set it to only show me major moves, like turning off of the road I am on and not every small lane shift I may come across.

TT_Arrow-1.png

Is the arrow circled in red above what you're referring to?

If so, I think you're out of luck, sorry.

Last edited:

Ask a Question