New 510 user .... help with address book

I posted this in the General Forum and then realized I should probably post it here.

I have a Blackberry 8700 that I am connecting through Bluetooth with the 510. My question is once the 510 d/ls all my contacts, if I want to go to that contact (all my contacts have addresses) can I just tell the 510 to take me to that contact's address? I can't seem to figure that out.

Thanks!

Marc

I'll try and help you out.

I got these instructions but for the Navigator software, I don't know if this will work on the 510.

Navigating to a contact

1. Tap and hold the contact?s name
2. Select ?Navigate to...? from the menu
3. TomTom navigator will start up
4. The ?Navigate to? screen lets you check the address details.
5. Tap ?Ok?
6. You will be asked to confirm the address you with to navigate to
7. Tap ?Yes? if the address is correct
8. TomTom Navigator will now calculate the fastest route to your destination

I'll try and help you out.

I got these instructions but for the Navigator software, I don't know if this will work on the 510.

No, it didn't work. :(

Granted, I am still getting used to this device also.

Once I go to my contacts, I cannont "click" and hold on the contact, it wants to dial them and doesn't let me do anything else.

I do have one question though, if I do not have a specific route and I just want to TomTom to follow me wherever I go, can I do that? And then when I need it to navigate me to a certain location then I can do that.

No, it didn't work. :(

Granted, I am still getting used to this device also.

Once I go to my contacts, I cannont "click" and hold on the contact, it wants to dial them and doesn't let me do anything else.

I do have one question though, if I do not have a specific route and I just want to TomTom to follow me wherever I go, can I do that? And then when I need it to navigate me to a certain location then I can do that.

Sorry. I was just searching the TT support and came up with this. I don't think its possible to navigate to contacts.

To answer your question about not having a route, yes, you can use the unit without plotting a destination. The unit instead will display the name of the current street your on.

Sorry. I was just searching the TT support and came up with this. I don't think its possible to navigate to contacts.

To answer your question about not having a route, yes, you can use the unit without plotting a destination. The unit instead will display the name of the current street your on.

Thanks digital!

I noticed that the 510 doesn't show the address of the contacts, which is probably the problem. It also doesn't show the company name or anything like that, only a name and phone number.

Hopefully in the future they will release one that has the addresses to your contacts and then you can navigate to them. I am in outsides sales and it would be PERFECT!

Quick question...how do I find my version of MAPS on my TomTom. I went to get my free maps (with shipping obviously) and when I entered my TomTom serial number it said that number had already been used. So I am wondering if the person I bought it from (off ebay...it was refurbished) already loaded the new maps. But I can't seem to find the MAP version I have anywhere.

No problem ghoticov.

To check your version of maps you want to be at the main navigation window (the map screen showing the sat strength) and tap the bottom right. You will be taken to the Status summary screen, tap where it says version. Here you will see the word 'Map' and beside it the version number. The latest version is v665.1293.

If you don't have that, I would try to contact the eBay seller and see if he order the Map update.

No problem ghoticov.

To check your version of maps you want to be at the main navigation window (the map screen showing the sat strength) and tap the bottom right. You will be taken to the Status summary screen, tap where it says version. Here you will see the word 'Map' and beside it the version number. The latest version is v665.1293.

If you don't have that, I would try to contact the eBay seller and see if he order the Map update.

I did what you said mine says:

Map: "USA_and_Canada" v650.1072

That is obviously an older version. I tried to updated through the TomTom site again and it is telling me that my serial # has already been used to purchase the new maps. What should I do?

I did what you said mine says:

Map: "USA_and_Canada" v650.1072

That is obviously an older version. I tried to updated through the TomTom site again and it is telling me that my serial # has already been used to purchase the new maps. What should I do?

Yeah, that is an older version. I recall my TT1 came with v660.

I would probably check to see what the eBay seller has to say about having a product code being used to purchase map.

My last resort is to try and phone TT support and tell them your situation. Hopefully they can help you out with that. Remeber the deadline is April 15 so only a couple of days left before the promo ends.

Yeah, that is an older version. I recall my TT1 came with v660.

I would probably check to see what the eBay seller has to say about having a product code being used to purchase map.

My last resort is to try and phone TT support and tell them your situation. Hopefully they can help you out with that. Remeber the deadline is April 15 so only a couple of days left before the promo ends.

I contacted them and strangely enough they gave me a product code for a navigator and went through the process and got them on order. The CSR said the DVD is for all devices so it will work.

I contacted them and strangely enough they gave me a product code for a navigator and went through the process and got them on order. The CSR said the DVD is for all devices so it will work.

So TT Support gave you a product code for the Navigator or did the eBay seller?

Anyway, glad you got that sorted out.

Ask a Question