Need Advice on Order of Updates

TomTom Model(s)
TT One 130S
Hi, Folks.
I'm new to TomTom. I just got a TT One 130S. I've read a lot of helpful posts on this site... seems like there's a lot of nice TT owners out there who are willing to help us Newbies.

My question is: Does it matter what order I do my Updates? I have the following items listed in TT Home waiting to be installed:
1. LMG map
2. TT application Update (7.522)
3. QuickGPS fix
4. Samantha (I think I already have "Samantha", but I guess this is an update to Samantha.)
5. Safety Cameras

All except #5 showed up in TT Home with a check mark to be downloaded and installed. Should I let them all be attempted together? ..... or do the individually?? If individually, what order is best?

Thanks!
JR

Hi, Folks.
I'm new to TomTom. I just got a TT One 130S. I've read a lot of helpful posts on this site... seems like there's a lot of nice TT owners out there who are willing to help us Newbies.

My question is: Does it matter what order I do my Updates? I have the following items listed in TT Home waiting to be installed:
1. LMG map
2. TT application Update (7.522)
3. QuickGPS fix
4. Samantha (I think I already have "Samantha", but I guess this is an update to Samantha.)
5. Safety Cameras

All except #5 showed up in TT Home with a check mark to be downloaded and installed. Should I let them all be attempted together? ..... or do the individually?? If individually, what order is best?

Thanks!
JR

First and foremost before doing any updating is to do an Explorer, not home, backup of your unit's contents. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Then get only the application update. Once installed, you'll probably be advised of at least one more update. For whatever reason, for some models, TT's application updates are sequential. In other words, you can't get the latest for your model until you go through prior app updates. So, do those first. Download, install, until it appears there are no more application updates to install.

Now, go for the LMG. I think the latest is 830 for your model. Download and install......it will take a while. (by the way, do all these downloads via a connected computer to your modem/router, not a wireless connection).

If everything is ok so far.......make another Explorer backup to a different folder.

Now you can get the quickfix. That'll be fast to dl and install.

You can go for an updated Samantha & the safety cameras now.

Once all are installed, remember to disconnect the unit PROPERLY from the computer. Use Home's Device-->Disconnect or the Safely Remove Hardware icon in your notification area.

It's always a good idea to do an Explorer backup prior to and after major updates, meaning maps or applications.

Order of Updates - Explorer Backup

Wow! Thanks for the quick response and detailed guidance. I'll follow your steps carefully.

I've seen the "Explorer Backup" recommended frequently in this community.

By "Explorer Backup", do you mean using Windows Explorer to copy and paste the contents of my TT to a folder on my computers hard drive?

If so, I am good to go. I did that and I made sure that the Folder Options were set to "Show Hidden Files and Folders" and NOT to "Hide protected operating system files".

J.R.

Ask a Question