need advice with my drive

hello to all been a while
well my via 1505 won't take updates since the last 3 days stays stuck at 35%.. i've call tom tom not help full at all.
i've done 3 factory re sets, i've un install re install my drive 5 times, 3 diff browsers 3 diff computers, wxp-pro win-8.1 win 7
same problem. 4 diff usb cables. and still tom tom sends me an email again to clear cache hard reset the gps..so i answer back that the problem is coming from their server and i'm not going to waste anymore time in clear nthis re set that..as plenty of others have complain about this issue on gps forums.
any body know of any work around fix. thanks

When you are at MyDrive, My Content, what does it show at the bottom in the 'Device' line for MB Used and MB Free?

3482MBUsed236MBFree i just try the updates it went thru fine no biggie gps fix and map share
other wise how can i free up some space.??

Last edited:
236MB is just over the 200MB that the unit reserves when updating firmware. It first loads the code to the unit (which is what takes the extra space), then runs a checksum on what it has loaded, and only THEN overwrites the old code with the new. So whatever you're updating had better be pretty small.

As for space, you can review all of your custom content by going to this url with your device connected:

http://169.254.255.1/personal/

We've had some conflicting information on this model, but I believe there's a good chance that your 1505 has a uSD card slot in the bottom - and that could resolve your space problem. Can you confirm?

Ask a Question