Media Center Questions TomTom 730

I tried a search and couldn't find the answers, so thought I'd start a new thread.

I purchased Media Center, and it is installed on the internal memory of my 730. I was under the impression I could install Media Center internally, and simply put movies on the SD card to play them. I can't get that to work, and some posts imply this can't be done. First, is it possible? Or, does everything have to be either in internal memory OR SD card only?

Second, converting DVD's has not been easy. The converter doesn't convert the entire DVD into one file, but several titles. Is it up to me to choose the movie title alone to copy onto the TomTom/SD card and ignore the rest after conversion, or do I copy every title over to the device/card?

Sadly, neither TomTom's user manual nor The Media Center users guide covers any of this.

Thanks for your help!

James

Concerning using both internal memory and an SD card at the same time; Is it a simple matter of creating folders on the SD card?

Concerning using both internal memory and an SD card at the same time; Is it a simple matter of creating folders on the SD card?

Yes, if you create similarly named folders the Tomtom built-in features work fine.

I haven't used Media Center so I don't know if that program has unique requirements. I would expect that you need an SD, as the 730 uses up most of the internal 2GB with maps alone.

I'll move this post to the 3rd party app section as people there may know more about Media Center.

Ask a Question