TT 630 - No Jukebox icon in media and music?

TomTom Model(s)
630 GO
Hi, I just purchased a TT 630 (don't see a sub forum for it?) - anyway, the jukebox icon is missing from the "Media and Music" menu. Not in Home, on the device itself. And in home, when I click on music or audiobooks, both say not supported.

I am on 8.351 and I tried 8.302 as well - no joy with either.

On device I get "Document reader", "Ipod control" (Both greyed out) but Photo gallery works

I wrote to TT support 2 days ago and no response - not very good support there...

Thanks for any info!

Whoa! I just checked the specs and yeah, no "Music on the GO"?! That just seems silly! Looks like the icon is just missing - it certainly is capable of doing it.

Arrgh, side by side 730 specs on tomtom's web site don't show that! All I could see is that the 730 has a FM transmitter, which I read was disabled, but is now re-enabled.

Back it goes...730 or spend more for something else?

Thank you!

Get yourself a proper GO device that does have mp3 support and FM Tx, 520, 720, 920, 530, 730, 930 or 940 - Mike

My 630 has an iPod icon. I haven't used my iPod in forever and now use my BlackBerry to listen to mp3's but when I tap the icon (under Music and Media) it states

iPod Control
Please connect your iPod to your
TomTom GO 630 to continue...​

That seems to indicate that mp3 support does indeed exist on the 630 or does it not?

By the way, why would the 630 not be a proper GO device?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I just now realized that the OP was referring to the TomTom's ability to play mp3's on it's own. My bad.

To be quite honest though, I don't think that a lack of this feature, or the FM transmitter for that matter, make the 630 an inferior unit. Both features are just bells and whistles in my opinion.

There is nothing wrong with the 630 per say, but the OP wants to play music from the device rather than rely upon extra devices connected to the unit and the associated cables strewn around the car. Even getting hold of an iPOD connect lead for the devices can prove rather difficult these days, I got such a lead to try with my iPhone which worked, but I no longer use it as I prefer the Bluetooth capability I spent hard earned cash on as well as quite a few hours fitting it to the car. Some users will never even load music to the device let alone try playing it, but some will have this feature as a major plus point for the device.

When I am driving my own car its fully equipped with a very good quality stereo/ amplifiers and speakers as well as employing Bluetooth A2DP audio support, I use the bluetooth audio to avoid additional wires across the dashboard. In hire cars which I frequently drive I use the SDHC card in the TomTom to store hours of music and play it from the device via the FM Tx as the cheap skate hire cars don't have the superior Bluetooth hardware my own car is kitted out with.

Its each to their own when it comes down to what any individual wants from a navigation device, if music is important then go for a device in the list I posted earlier - Mike

Last edited:

Ask a Question