Map updates available for Nav 5?

Recently purchased Nav 5 from eBay and installed it on my 650, registered it and works well. Are there any map updates available?
Thanks for reading...

Sorry for the tough question guys, I did try searching for the answer with no luck.

Q. "Are there any map updates available for Nav 5?"

The latest maps with not work with Nav 5. There is Nav 7 somewhere. You will need to locate a 5 version map for your Nav 5.

Thanks Pedro, So we are stuck with nav5 maps, I find the nav5 maps kinda old...

What did you mention nav7 for? ...are they compatible with nav5?

I really like the feature of being able to load the areas of the country that you travel in instead of loading the whole of the usa. I will have to do some more reading to find a mapping program that will allow that and map updates. Any suggestions?

Many thanks...

Thanks Pedro, So we are stuck with nav5 maps, I find the nav5 maps kinda old...

What did you mention nav7 for? ...are they compatible with nav5?

I really like the feature of being able to load the areas of the country that you travel in instead of loading the whole of the usa. I will have to do some more reading to find a mapping program that will allow that and map updates. Any suggestions?

Many thanks...

Last year I bought Navigator 6, and like you, found the maps to be fairly old. With the complete lack of information about updates, and seeing Navigator 6 moved into the "original products" category of the web site, I finally decided that Tomtom just won't be providing proper updates. So, I went out and bought a 930 for $400. While it was a little expensive, I have to admit that between map share, having the updated maps, and all the other features that have been added between Navigator 6 and 8 that I am happy with the purchase. The fact that the screen is more than twice the size of the screen on my Palm 680 is another nice benefit.

Ask a Question