Map updates available from other sources?

Does anyone know if the latest North America map updates are available from any source other than the TomTom store? I have had nothing but trouble trying to purchase downloads directly from the online TomTom store.

Does anyone know if the latest North America map updates are available from any source other than the TomTom store? I have had nothing but trouble trying to purchase downloads directly from the online TomTom store.

No, sorry, but legitimate TomTom maps can only be gotten from the TT WebSite.

That's too bad. We wanted to upgrade the maps on our Go 720 and 300 units, but the TomTom online purchase process halts with a message that says "Something went wrong" after I enter name & address information (which I triple-checked). Real helpful, that message.

I also had a problem updating our two Garmins at the Garmin store, but at least I was able to find the updates available on DVD at Amazon.

United States. I made sure it was the United States because when I first tried last Friday I was getting the UK price.

Last edited:
Okay, just tried it one last time before having to return the office credit card and it finally worked for me -- I was able to order the 2 updates.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.

Okay, just tried it one last time before having to return the office credit card and it finally worked for me -- I was able to order the 2 updates.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.
It could be that TomTom has Server problems. I have not been getting any MapShares for a few days and neither have the Europeans.

Ask a Question