Map update problem

No, the one that gets offered in that link is the one you should be using.

There is something else going on with your computer, I think, as I've not seen any other error reports such as you listed.

So, I'd try fresh and see what transpires.

Got my 540TM and Home back in operation

Restored my 540TM back to pre-map upgrade state but was getting a run-time error when trying to Operate My Go. Went into the Extensions directory for TomTom Home and deleted the old Navcore extension. Then re-launched Home and selected Operate My Go....allowed it to re-install the emulator software again and all is well. Will attempt the Map Upgrade once again tonight. Thanks for your advice

jack

No, the one that gets offered in that link is the one you should be using.

There is something else going on with your computer, I think, as I've not seen any other error reports such as you listed.

So, I'd try fresh and see what transpires.

Exactly what else do you think is going on with my computer? I'm happy to try this on a different computer if you think that would help. You say that you haven't seen these error reports, is there somewhere I can see the current bug list for HOME?

You say that you haven't seen these error reports, is there somewhere I can see the current bug list for HOME?
They were going to keep a copy in the Library of Congress, but were told there wasn't enough space...

Seriously - no. TomTom does not share those lists. What we go by here are just the reports that users like yourself supply when you run across this sort of thing. Stick with dhn and I'll bet he gets you through this somehow. Meanwhile, if you DO have another computer handy, it would certainly be well worth it to give that a try. Might eliminate some of the options whether it turns out to work or not.

Meanwhile, if you DO have another computer handy, it would certainly be well worth it to give that a try. Might eliminate some of the options whether it turns out to work or not.

OK then, I'll try it on both my desktop PCs running XP (this one is a netbook running XP). I'll play around with HOME and let you know what I've discovered.

EDIT: I installed HOME on one of my desktop PCs, it seems to be working now. When I first connect my XXL 540, HOME is activated and reports "Getting Updates Automatically" then displays a quickfix update.

When I click "Back" and go to the main screen, it reports "Your map is up to date. 0 Map Share TM map corrections in use"
When I select "Use Latest Map Guarantee", it reports that "Your device already has the latest map. Currently there is no newer map available for your device".

In "Manage your device" the "Items on device" still reports that the map size is 113 MB. (there is nothing in the "Items on computer" yet). When I downloaded the map update on my netbook, it reports the map size as 125 MB. So the map sizes are not the same, despite the version numbers being the same.

Last edited:
I did the latest QuickGPSfix update, and now the "items on device" has a different size but the same version number as follows:

QuickGPSfix
size: 60 KB
Version: 1284422331
This item is stored on your computer

QuickGPSfix
size: 160 KB
Version: 1284422331
This item is on your navigation device

I have inspected the file sizes using Windows Explorer, and the files are in fact 72 KB and they are identical.
What is causing HOME to report incorrect file sizes, is this a new bug? Could you please verify my result and then report this as a bug so it can be fixed? I'm happy to do this myself if you give me a bug-report contact for tomtom.

Last edited:
What is causing HOME to report incorrect file sizes, is this a new bug? Could you please verify my result and then report this as a bug so it can be fixed? I'm happy to do this myself if you give me a bug-report contact for tomtom.
Old bug, no surprise. Not sure what/how it picks up the file sizes the way it does. If I need/want to know, I use the O.S. to check the file.

We're not related to TomTom in any way here, so we rely on individuals to report issues. I usually call them with issues. Answered within 15 seconds of the 2nd button press tonight. 1-866-486-6866.

Old bug, no surprise.

OK that explains a lot, I guess HOME must have accumulated quite a few of these bugs up to the current release, but they are obviously aware of them. I'll report the "Items on computer" bug to them however, because it seems that nobody is aware of this issue yet and cannot repeat it for some reason. Ive repeated it on two different PCs now, so I'm pretty sure it's another bug in HOME.
Thanks for all your help, I'll let you know the result of my bug reporting.
:)

Ask a Question