Problem with map update for Rider2

LDR

In trying to purchase a map update for my Rider2 a problem occurred where the server did not recognize the billing address zip code. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it? It is not a new zip code. It is consistent with my personal profile so I'm not sure what is the cause.

We're seeing a lot of these issues lately. Try calling Customer Support:
United States
866 486 6866

Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EDT
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT

Well I got that resolved and bought some new maps. Now comes the next problem.

First it told me that my memory card was not large enough to accommodate the new map.
So I went out and bought a new memory card with a lot more space.
Then I formatted the new memory card.
Then I tried to install the map on it. It took forever to load it all on the card.
Finally it said it would shut my device off and automatically restart my device.
It did eventually shut my device off, but never(waited 30 minutes) turned it back on.
So I tried turning it back on, and it would not start up.
It comes to the Tom Tom logo, stays there for a few minutes and then just shuts itself off.
Second I thought maybe I just happened to buy a new memory card that was defective.
So I went and bought another memory card from a different manufacturer.
I went thru the whole rigamarole of formatting and loading as mentioned above, and in the end got the exact same results.
When I hook my device up to the computer and load Tom Tom Home 2, it tells me I have the latest and greatest, and will not do anything.
Not only has my issue not been resolved it has truly soured me on Tom Tom devices.
Since I was not able to fit the new map on my old memory card, I still have it with the outdated map, and am still using it.
So now I have spent money on a set of maps I cannot use, I have spent money on two memory cards that I cannot use, and my frustration level is rising exponentially.
I am almost at the point of purchasing another navigator, and the likelihood that it will be a Tom Tom product is not very great.

Finally it said it would shut my device off and automatically restart my device.
It did eventually shut my device off, but never(waited 30 minutes) turned it back on.
So I tried turning it back on, and it would not start up.
[ ... ]
When I hook my device up to the computer and load Tom Tom Home 2, it tells me I have the latest and greatest, and will not do anything.
When you connect your Rider to the running Home2 on the PC what is shown/asked on the PC?

Application update required. So I click on it and then it offers me the latest US + Canada map. Then starts the whole rigamarole that I have listed above. I have done this three times now and am just about tired of it.

Well now the latest update. Since I was not able to use the map updates I had purchased, Tom Tom was nice enough to refund my money. So I then purchased a new map of just the US. . I have my "Tom Tom Home 2 updated. I have a new SanDisk Ultra 2GB SD(4) memory card. I formatted the card in FAT32 format. I went thru the whole rig-a-marole of updating everything and loading the new map, and in the end it tells me there is no map loaded. When I use my computer to read the memory card it says the map is there. What am I missing, or what do I need to do to fix this problem? I have been all over the Tom Tom website and found nothing. Thank goodness I kept my old map on another SD card, so I can at least use the outdated map that I have. I have been trying to do this for several weeks now and am just about at the point of putting a hammer to it and purchasing a Garmin.

Try below:
- Confirm your SD card is 2GB max, and make sure it is Fat32. No need to format again if it already is.
- Use winrar to copy the contents of the link below onto the SD card
http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/navcore_7.541.9313.rider7.cab
- Then stick the card in the Tomtom, and start it up. It should say "no maps found"
- Then keeping the card in the RIDER, plug the rider into the computer and do "Update my RIDER" in HOME, and uncheck everything except the application update, and install the application update only.
- Repeat this until no application update is offered.
- Then install any map updates that are offered (if any)
- Then disconnect and see if the "no maps found" error goes away.

Ask a Question