Map update for 2 TT devices

Could anybody answer, if it is possible to update maps on 2 TTs after downloading updated map into computer from Internet only one time? Thanks for all your helpful advise. :)

Could anybody answer, if it is possible to update maps on 2 TTs after downloading updated map into computer from Internet only one time? Thanks for all your helpful advise. :)
Unfortunately not. Maps are specific to a device, it is tied to the devices product code, and is unusable on a different device. You will have to purchase two maps. One for each device.

I think the original poster (Lena) wants to download the map once and update 2 different TomToms. I'm pretty sure that won't work as maps are 'device specific' like Smokiewolf stated.

Im saying this cause i dont think its fair at all buying an expensive GPS or 2 and having to pay outrageous prices every 3 months to be updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the original poster (Lena) wants to download the map once and update 2 different TomToms. I'm pretty sure that won't work as maps are 'device specific' like Smokiewolf stated.

You must mean then that Home will not allow multiple installs from the same downloaded map file, rather than the file being device specific?

The maps are not device specific in that one can install a map meant for another device, on a different device (as I did without any problem).

I'm guessing that what you mean is.....if I had a second TT device, then regardless of what TYPE of device it is, Home would not install that map on that second device, because it has recorded that the maps have already been installed once on a different device? Is that how it works?

<snip> Home would not install that map on that second device, because it has recorded that the maps have already been installed once on a different device? Is that how it works?

Yes?at least that's the way I understand it. I've seen the phrase, "Maps are device specific" written in several places on this forum. The map is specific for that device you first install it on. TT-Home keeps track of the S/N of the device you first install that map on. If you try to install that same map on another TT, it will fail.

That's correct, and that also means that certain versions of maps are specific to certain devices. For instance, the NA maps only work on the higher end units, and the USA_Canada maps work on the ONE family.

I sign on to home using a different Email address for each of my units. Try that and let us know if it works.

That's correct, and that also means that certain versions of maps are specific to certain devices. For instance, the NA maps only work on the higher end units, and the USA_Canada maps work on the ONE family.

sorry, you are wrong. You can have the map on an SD card and use it from there.

the maps are definitely not device specific and any map can be used on any unit as long as the unit has the storage space.
Ohhhhhhhhh, it can't be done LEGALLY :rolleyes: Well now, that makes sense. Get real, I'm not going to do it if it's illegal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhhhhhhh, it can't be done LEGALLY :rolleyes: Well now, that makes sense. Get real, I'm not going to do it if it's illegal.

so that must be elliott ness with the tommy gun....heck I thought all along it was frank Bompensiero....:) :)

no flame intended, just joshing with you......:) :)

so that must be elliott ness with the tommy gun....heck I thought all along it was frank Bompensiero....:) :)

no flame intended, just joshing with you......:) :)
So, the only way to get the NA map on a ONE is the Chicago way!?!?!!??
(Had to stick to the Untouchables reference!)

Ask a Question