Map Update Error: Disk Full C:\, but it's not?

Are there any hidden files that you're not seeing?

No. The update stops with 20 megs left. This box wouldn't operate if I only had that much left, there's at least a gig free.

Their response "maybe you're on dialup and your hard drive is full? either way, we don't provide cd-rom copies anymore" So now I get to provide proof of my purchase and hope the month doesn't run out before they (hopefully) do send me a hard copy.

MOTHERFUCKER!

I was on the phone for them for over an hour with this woman trying to find every little thing they think could be wrong with MY computer instead of their slow-ass overloaded TomTom Home server's and website server's, and her telling me to build a different computer to try it out on, trying to format my TomTom because she didn't listen and thought it was a problem with the unit, before she FINALLY escalated me to "SSD" support.

Almost an hour on hold with them and I get a hangup when in #4 spot. Do they have 3 people handling the calls or what?

And a couple gigs are free.

Last edited:
And a couple gigs are free.

Sorry about your trouble with Support, I hate when that happens (I work a small support desk and we answer almost every call immediately, no menus to navigate to get to us)

What size SD card are you using? I thought I read that anything larger than a 2gig wouldn't work in the one, but I could be wrong.

Finally got someone with level 2 again after level 1 trying to hajve me go through the same things again. Tier 2 wants to burn me a DVD and send mea copy of 720(is that truly the latest map?)

Finally got someone with level 2 again after level 1 trying to hajve me go through the same things again. Tier 2 wants to burn me a DVD and send mea copy of 720(is that truly the latest map?)

I believe that 7.20 is the most current.

I believe that 7.20 is the most current.

It is.

Food for thought: Some programs assume when they can't open a file for write access that this means the disk is full. Actually there are other possible causes of this failure, including having too many files open or not enough RAM. Try closing some documents and applications and see if that makes a difference.

Tried it on a different partition and still got c:\ full about 300K short of being done. Tried the failed update and it would only allow you to see Guam. Now I know it's just the failure of their software developers...when will manufacturer's learn that software can make or break a machine?

Tried it on a different partition and still got c:\ full about 300K short of being done. Tried the failed update and it would only allow you to see Guam. Now I know it's just the failure of their software developers...when will manufacturer's learn that software can make or break a machine?

Sorry for asking the following but.....

An earlier poster in this thread cautioned against too many files being in the root of the c:\ drive; I believe the max is 144. So, are you sure the update is attempting to install both folders and files with most files residing in the folders?

I hate to be the trud in the pool but it probably is something wrong with your system or a non standard setup you have like a weird partion or something

you never did say what are the specs on you system?

I've been a computer engineer for over a decade, trust me, this box is nowhere near unusual or any different from the thousands I've set up.

Plain XP Pro with a NTFS partition, minimum of a gig free on both drives, and nothing more remarkable than that. I tend to doubt it would be giving me a c: full error if it was something wrong with my machine, when I'm not even downloading to c:

When downloading, often things go to temporary space on the C:\ and then to the location that you'd like it to go to.

I don't know whether this could be related to the problem you see, but thought I would mention in case it helps.

1 GB free is not a lot these days. I remember when there wasn't 1GB (total everywhere) but that is a different story :rolleyes:

When downloading, often things go to temporary space on the C:\ and then to the location that you'd like it to go to.

I don't know whether this could be related to the problem you see, but thought I would mention in case it helps.

1 GB free is not a lot these days. I remember when there wasn't 1GB (total everywhere) but that is a different story :rolleyes:

I agree. Since the map is close to 1 gig in size all by itself, I would think you would need at least twice that much at first because of temporary storage and cache etc. I would try to free up some HDD space and see it that helps.

My first HDD was only 20 meg in size. I think it cost me $700 too! :rolleyes:

Ask a Question